PDA

View Full Version : Sign of the Times

Stationair8
14th Jul 2022, 05:17
Interesting article on ABC web page about Sharp Airlines reducing services due to rising fuel costs.

Probably doesn't help with a certain ASX listed regional airline running Wynyard to King Island, a few times a week.

HalfGreen
18th Jul 2022, 01:23
Interesting article on ABC web page about Sharp Airlines reducing services due to rising fuel costs.

Probably doesn't help with a certain ASX listed regional airline running Wynyard to King Island, a few times a week.

Meanwhile, Brent crude dropped to 100 US a barrel. Aviation fuel? Still going up. Someone is making a killing.

404 Titan
18th Jul 2022, 06:40
HalfGreen

And the AUD is down 7.3% against the USD in the last 3 months. It's not just the cost of Brent in USD that matters in Australia. It's the Jet fuel into aircraft in AUD that matters when your revenue is in AUD.

HalfGreen
18th Jul 2022, 08:21
404 Titan, I suppose thats a good point, I hadn't considered that. However, funnily enough jet fuel is still more expensive in the states compared to here (according to IATA) - they're sitting at about $12USD more per barrel on average. Maybe there is something else I'm missing?

TBM-Legend
18th Jul 2022, 10:26
It’s called demand. Short supply leads to higher prices