PDA

View Full Version : SAA CPL Expired

EagleFlight1
13th Jul 2022, 06:22
I would like to get back into flying. I hold a South African CAA CPL ME IR which has lapsed. The last time I flew was 2010. What would be the requirements to get my license back on track?

metalboi69
17th Jul 2022, 20:43
Your medical should have lapsed as well. You'd need to renew it.

If I remember correctly, SACAA law requires ground school hours, IROP theory exam and Air Law for licences that have lapsed by more than 36 months
You'd also have to redo the flight test as though it was an initial one for your ME-IR.

Honestly, your best bet would be calling your local flight school and asking them

scottieswave
25th Jul 2022, 08:56
Just went through this process. Airlaw and if you want IR then IROPS. It is a dog. After this, you have to an initial CPL MEIR test again. Good luck!!

VHFZI
2nd Dec 2022, 11:01
I would like to get back into flying. I hold a South African CAA CPL ME IR which has lapsed. The last time I flew was 2010. What would be the requirements to get my license back on track?
how did you go with renewing everything?

carlapilot
12th Dec 2022, 17:29
In SA you have many places where you can do renewal ,but have you think about converting the current South African CPL in to EASA ? You will have more opportunity's in your future aviation job etc...

Hawkers
12th Dec 2022, 18:01
Does anyone know where we can do the Class 1 Medical but EASA in South Africa ? I'm not sure about this

carlapilot
16th Dec 2022, 19:57
Does anyone know where we can do the Class 1 Medical but EASA in South Africa ? I'm not sure about this
Have a look here, ask them : https://www.easy-pilot.com/convert-to-easa#southafrica

Hawkers
18th Dec 2022, 19:01
Thnx for info ! I just checked the link, for now it promise what i need and am interested in EASA Theory . I saw it can be online ,this make me more easy to complete all jobs and study's.

bobsuruncle
5th May 2023, 16:24
How did it go, mine has lapsed too as life changed, but now wonder if I should fly again.

Might just do my medical and the ground school first and then think of the flying possibilities.

Have been instructing ground schools for some years, but sorta bored of it now.