PDA

View Full Version : DEFO video interview.

MeLuvUlongtime
12th Jul 2022, 14:33
Does anyone have some idea what is the DEFO video interview is all about? Besides english level... I know its a sore subject.. I just looking for a smidgen of a decent answer.. Dont need to worry about HKG living costs, how caca is the company...etc. read the above info.. Just asking for a friend;)

Goldeye
12th Jul 2022, 17:20
Most of us already do or did work here. Since you don't need to worry about HKG living costs or how caca the company is, why don't you do the interview and then come back and tell us all about it.

ToCatLady
12th Jul 2022, 17:50
It’s a simple video interview conducted in Afrikaans to make sure you’re fluent. They’ll ask you what you think of Lantau paddle club and how you plan to nervously laugh at Australian jokes onboard.

also they’ll constantly remind you how much the salary is in Rand and how great commuting is from
JNB.

MENELAUS
12th Jul 2022, 19:07
And explain in words of 3 syllables or less what the term Oztranaut means

Airblast
12th Jul 2022, 19:11
The interview is about telling you there are no restrictions on pilots in HK or abroad, that every FO is receiving maximum productivity pay; and that the new government traffic light health code won’t apply to Cathay crew.

(Oh, they might just add that HK is dirt cheap to live in.)

MENELAUS
12th Jul 2022, 19:18
And 12 months profit share on the back of the recent CX profit.

Posterizing
12th Jul 2022, 19:34
My guess is you'll first be congratulated for joining the best airline in the world, with the highest standards of shiny jets. You'll then be told how the company is in great shape and reminded how your total remuneration package is super competitive in the current market. What comes next is that you'll be told that the company is considering a fast track captain upgrade soon and you can expect to be in the left seat of a shiny jet in a reduced time. You can then probably expect some more statements about how getting leave granted is easy, how there is something called jokers, and how there are crew who commute and manage to do well in balancing work and family. As to questions that they may ask? It will probably be along the lines of "how long would you like to stay here for" and "for how much less are you willing to do it for?"

smogluver
12th Jul 2022, 21:39
Psychological questions, what do you prefer? Sitting in a Bar in Kayalitsha or spending time in a concentration camp in China. Just trying to work out what carrot really makes you tick. How do you feel leaving a country where you can get away with anything to move to a country where you can get away with nothing? That sort of stuff……..good luck

Airblast
12th Jul 2022, 23:32
Imagine being seduced by the tall handsome guy with the Lamborghini that you so want to ride in, and six months later you find yourself in a relationship with a wife beater…

8driver
13th Jul 2022, 00:46
Well first they want to make sure you're breathing. That should get you in the door these days. They might ask how you feel about doing days of unpaid reserve in ANC without the ability to leave your hotel room, because we know that's a key component to getting rid of the pesky US base area. That'll probably be extended to other aircraft and ports if and when things ever ramp up.

Nalda
13th Jul 2022, 04:02
have you received any contact from Cathay?

Babyjet_dododo
13th Jul 2022, 10:41
Make sure you tell them how keen you are to be in perpetual quarantine for days on end!

Also mention how happy you’ll be to spend 1 hour of your time filling out forms for a simple flight to China.

Throw in how honoured you’ll be to spend a few hours unpaid on the ground in PVG while they spray the aircraft with god knows what!

Lastly, to ace the interview, tell them that Cathay comes first, second and third in your life and nothing else matters! This should fast track you to the DCP or CP role!

MENELAUS
13th Jul 2022, 11:26
Or straight to Manager (Risk) whatever that is.

Bekol delay
13th Jul 2022, 16:07
Or straight to Manager (Risk) whatever that is.
Depends upon what your wife looks like...

MENELAUS
13th Jul 2022, 16:54

Now now. Carry on 😂

MENELAUS
13th Jul 2022, 16:56

I think it rather depends if you have a handle on want Safety II means. I f@@@ing don’t. Nor does anyone else I’ve met !

airbus4lyfe
14th Jul 2022, 04:02
Hong Kong is grand and CX is the best airline in the world. Interview will ask you why you want to join them and where you will QT on arrivel.

Oddball77
15th Jul 2022, 10:23
https://www.dimsumdaily.hk/cathay-pacific-dropped-out-from-top-10-worlds-best-airlines-for-2022-to-11th-place/

Rie
15th Jul 2022, 11:56
Hong Kong is grand and CX is the best airline in the world. Interview will ask you why you want to join them and where you will QT on arrivel.

If they are that desperate they will just ask do you want the Headland or East. People so keen will love the headland. Can keep themselves busy enjoying personal time with Betsy, ooo baby.

SOPS
15th Jul 2022, 12:56
https://www.dimsumdaily.hk/cathay-pacific-dropped-out-from-top-10-worlds-best-airlines-for-2022-to-11th-place/

They did not seem to ad.. Fly Qatar and get a free vaginal inspection for our women “Guests”. GT must be desperate for his upgrades.

Flex88
15th Jul 2022, 15:55

Following recurrent diversity and unconscious bias training at the CX "people" department where junior clerks run the show and refuse any form of responsibility or accountability, a new policy has emerged.. Flight Crew hiring will now be strictly by lottery on a "points" based system where the more points you garner increase your random chances of being hired.. Winners fly themselves & families to HK for uptake sight unseen :sad: Victims of any socially "woke" topic or category gain the most points ‼️

pfvspnf
15th Jul 2022, 19:11
I hope direct entry captain soon , rwandair boys are fed up ! They will take up Hong Kong challenge better treatment than Middle Easterners

Babyjet_dododo
16th Jul 2022, 05:41
I hope direct entry captain soon , rwandair boys are fed up ! They will take up Hong Kong challenge better treatment than Middle Easterners

The flow at the moment is CX to Middle East so I doubt it’s worse than CX

cxflog
16th Jul 2022, 07:22
The flow at the moment is CX to Middle East so I doubt it’s worse than CX
A very eye opening amount of reference requests coming through for guys going to QF too.

Oh but the 12 SO’s they inducted last week will fix the issues :E

VR-HFX
17th Jul 2022, 11:47
CX is terminal...unfortunate but inevitable.

Sad to reflect on those young folk lured by the reputation (well earned) who are now trapped.

I saw the best 30 years and, like many, have children flying.

For those with children flying in the military, hold them close and be there for your daughters-in-law and the grandchildren.

Fasten your sealt belts.