PDA

View Full Version : freezing on ipad

ACW342
9th Jul 2022, 09:05
As i don’t know of any way to contact mods etc, has anybody having problems with the above thread? I go to the last page and everything is frozen. I have tried on both my iPad and iMac but no joy.Has it been hacked or is it just me. It would be interesting to find out. Thanks

A342

fedex727
9th Jul 2022, 09:11
All "Ops Normal" down here. You're not in Canada are you...?

jolihokistix
9th Jul 2022, 10:11
As i don’t know of any way to contact mods etc, has anybody having problems with the above thread? I go to the last page and everything is frozen. I have tried on both my iPad and iMac but no joy.Has it been hacked or is it just me. It would be interesting to find out. Thanks

A342
It’s the ‘other’ *thread that has frozen sections in it which cause the whole site to freeze. I wanted to post an interesting article there on reports from the front and the latest fighting, but eventually I gave up. (It’s been mined. Won’t touch it with a barge pole now.)
*Is Ukraine about to have a war?

This article it was
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/7/7/ukraine-exacts-punishing-cost-for-russias-advance

ACW342
9th Jul 2022, 11:48
Joli, Many thanks for the heads up. So as not to hijack this thread I’ll just ask a last question. Does PP.Org know about this and if so are they taking steps to remove the soviet Russian version of free speech, similar to the whitewashing in Krasnoyarsk?

A342

jolihokistix
9th Jul 2022, 11:58
To answer that quickly, A342, I just visited the last page there (a new page) and everything worked! Miracles do happen. I am still reluctant to go back and see the previous page there though. And no, I didn’t inform the mods as I thought it might be a problem with my own equipment.
(In London)

Sepp
9th Jul 2022, 12:00
The other thread works fine for me, subject to some caveats:

PP behaves oddly (PC/Firefox) if a post becomes the first and only one on the last page - if you see what I mean. Going to the previous page and reading down cures it. For me, anyhoo. If reading the forum on iPad/Firefox no linked articles show up, unless subsequently quoted. These behaviours are common to all threads.

ACW342
9th Jul 2022, 14:27
Sepp, I'm aware that PP behaves oddly:) For instance, when closing a link down I usually end up about 10 or12 posts further back from where I first viewed said link. This is different though. I have used a combination of iPad/iMac with Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Same result - frozen. :ugh:So, like jolihokistix, I'll avoid that thread in future. By the way how do I contact the mods to report this?

A342

NutLoose
9th Jul 2022, 16:54
Frozen on my ipad too in safari

NutLoose
9th Jul 2022, 16:58
Site feezing on Safari on ipad, others having same issues. see last posts 3202

https://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/644762-russia-ukraine-possible-unpleasantries-161.html#post11258966

jolihokistix
9th Jul 2022, 21:30
Oops, Safari + iPhone issue here.

ACW342
10th Jul 2022, 13:59
Joli, , in my case, iPad and iMac allied with Safari, Chrome and Firefox. I would be interested if there were similar problems on other non Ukrainian war related threads and or with other combinations of different tablets, PC’s and browsers . If it’s only the two threads (AFAIK) to do with that war, then do remember, once is happenstance, twice is coincidence and three is enemy action. I wonder if a third thread relating to the invasion of Ukraine by Russia and which was critical of Russia/Putin would result in “Enemy Action” Just to note. I opened the Is Ukraine…. Thread a few minutes ago at the very last page and sure enough, everything then froze.

A342