PDA

View Full Version : BCFT

ac1999
6th Jul 2022, 16:12
Hey all,

I looking at the September intake for Bournemouth Flight School, and I was wondering if anyone has any recent reviews or experiences they could share?

I found some older posts from 3-5 years ago so was looking for a more up to date reflection if possible!

Robthestudent
13th Jul 2022, 13:50
Hi,
Now that L3/CTC have moved out of Bournemouth BCFT I believe is the only ATO at Bournemouth that offers integrated and modular training. An ex-colleague of mine works there and says it is a small but friendly school not like the sausage factory of the aforementioned and the exam pass rates are very high.. Like anyone looking at commencing flight training it is important that you visit the schools and talk to the people, not just the staff but the trainees as well as they will give you an honest appraisal of their course progress etc.

Good luck

Rob

Alex Whittingham
13th Jul 2022, 21:26
Generally BCFT get good reviews, one of the good guys.

GgW
14th Jul 2022, 12:53
They use to be the other sausage factory at EGHH, back in the days. One of the best modular flight schools in the country, if not the best. Then they became fairly quite for a number of years, with only the odd "Blackadder" training flight. Now they are a perfectly located ATO, especially with the departure of L3.
Personally. The only thing I don't like about them is the aircraft they use for the MEP stage. Its still a good aircraft and will get the job done, but its probably time for them upgrade to glass cockpit aircraft.

Lazydogg
30th Jul 2022, 10:50
Decent school. I trained there in 2007 all the way up to MCC. It did the job and I'm currently a 737 NG/MAX Training Captain. The only fault I had with them is that the MCC was completed on a Citation. I think its very important to realise that if you want to join the airlines that the MCC/JOC APC is the most important aspect of your training. Choose it carefully.

mavisbacon
16th Oct 2022, 18:44
[QUOTE=GgW;11261549]They use to be the other sausage factory at EGHH, back in the days. One of the best modular flight schools in the country, if not the best. Then they became fairly quite for a number of years, with only the odd "Blackadder" training flight. Now they are a perfectly located ATO, especially with the departure of L3.
Personally. The only thing I don't like about them is the aircraft they use for the MEP stage. Its still a good aircraft and will get the job done, but its probably time for them upgrade to glass cockpit aircraft.[/QUOTE

“One of the best modular flight schools in the country, if not the best”

BCFT closed its doors September 2022. A well run school, ‘one of the best’, and yet so poorly supported by industry it closed its doors. Pretty much tells you all you need to know about flight training in the U.K.