PDA

View Full Version : EASA MEDICAL CLASS 1

Phillip19922
3rd Jul 2022, 23:42
G day ,
what's the eye site reequipments for EASA ?
I have a lazy eye will this be a issue ?
visual acuity is fine, don't have double vision.
just cant see 3D
Can anyone help me out ?

what next
7th Jul 2022, 19:08
...visual acuity is fine, don't have double vision.
just cant see 3D
Can anyone help me out ?

In this EASA document: https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/Easy_Access_Rules_for_Medical_Requirements.pdf
the following statement can be found on page 105 in the pdf document

"Binocular function:
Reduced stereopsis, abnormal convergence not interfering with near vision and ocular misalignment where the fusional reserves are sufficient to prevent asthenopia (*) and diplopia (**) may be acceptable."

To me this reads as there is hope for you, but you better contact an aeromedical center about it. Although I have had personal experience with an eyesight issue, and talked to competent people about it, I am still far away from understanding EASA medical regulations.

(*) asthenopia: painful condition caused by vision deficiencies
(**) diplopia: double vision

Phillip19922
9th Jul 2022, 03:53
HI,
Thanks for reply. My eye sight is prefect.
so if I don't have double vision I should be fine ?
where are you based ?

what next
9th Jul 2022, 12:20
Hi, I can't reply to your PM because you seem to reached have some limitation, but you can find the answer to your question in my profile!

redsnail
9th Jul 2022, 19:26
I have a lazy eye - very mild cross eye. CASA gave me a Class 1 medical. EASA and the UK CAA have given me a Class 1 as well. :)

sara98
14th Jul 2022, 16:29
Hello everyone :)

Do you know if having cosmetic surgery (e.g. breast reduction/augmentation) still allows pilots to renew the Class 1 without issues?

Phillip19922
26th Jul 2022, 12:38
I have a lazy eye - very mild cross eye. CASA gave me a Class 1 medical. EASA and the UK CAA have given me a Class 1 as well. :)

casa issue with a class 1 too, with restriction only valid in Australia.
where did you do your Easa ?
can you see 3D?
do they check for lazy eye ?
Your help me much appreciated.

redsnail
27th Jul 2022, 10:32
I did my EASA medical at the UK CAA office in Gatwick. (Although, it was JAA at the time. Then went to EASA, now out of EASA and back to UK CAA).
Yes I can see 3D no problem. That is, I have depth of field perception which is probably what the medics are really after.
They did check the lazy eye (cross eye in my case). They were checking for double vision which fortunately I do not have.
My Class 1 in Australia had no such restrictions other than "needs to carry spectacles". Easy enough.

redsnail
27th Jul 2022, 10:33
sara98.
So long as there's no restrictions in movement or strength, I can't see any issues. Whether or not the Class 1 will need to have further investigations is a question for your AME.

Phillip19922
28th Jul 2022, 12:24
Easa.Binocular VisionThere are three grades of binocular vision in the Worth’s classification: simultaneous macular perception (Grade 1), fusion (Grade 2) and stereopsis (Grade 3). For the purposes of aeromedical certification, ‘normal binocular function’ includes all of these. This would include situations in which individuals have well-adapted heterotropia, are not at risk of diplopia, and/or have adopted a suppression scotoma when both eyes are open.

Hey guys,
just confused about this, so if I have one of this grades and no double vision I should be fine ?