PDA

View Full Version : Weekend work whilst studying full time?

Maverick97
1st Jul 2022, 10:55
Hi all,

Little bit of a different one…

Has anyone held a part time job whilst attending full time ground school for ATPL theory?

I’m looking at starting with a groundschool full time in the UK and the idea of working 1-2 nights per week bar work (or similar) is something that seems quite achievable to me. I’m 25 years old so I’ve budgeted my monthly expenses to be covered for my time out of work but the few extra pennies and a change of scenery for a few hours a week seems quite logical to me.

Interested to hear your thoughts and experiences!

ShamrockF
1st Jul 2022, 14:22
I worked full time and studied for the ATPL exams over a year. It wasn't a problem, just make sure to spend your time wisely.

Uplinker
1st Jul 2022, 16:01
I did an integrated full-time ATPL in 1999, so both flying AND ground school, and I only managed to work at a paying job for just one full weekend. :ooh:

I did have a family and a sizeable commute each day to the flight school. I was up 0600 - 2300 (tel:0600 - 2300) every week day. Got back every day, had tea, then studied until 2200, so I had no time to work as well during the week.

My average exam mark was close to 100%, so I might have over done it a bit, but I did not want to fail the course :)