PDA

View Full Version : Toulon or Cannes Slots

anxiao
29th Jun 2022, 08:29
We have been advised by our flight agent that they are unable to obtain a slot for a Cessna Jet at either Toulon or Cannes on the day requested next week. We booked the flight months ago so I wondered if it is normal to have slot restrictions into those ports? I understand that Cannes gets busy in season, but Toulon?

They are offering Nice but that is a long road trip.

happyjack
29th Jun 2022, 14:41
Change your reg to "F". You would be welcomed tomorrow!

Less Hair
29th Jun 2022, 16:00
Maybe you could try to get some kind french speaker on the agent's phone to renegotiate?

zambonidriver
29th Jun 2022, 18:03
Castellet an option?

anxiao
30th Jun 2022, 03:32
Thank you for these prompt replies with ideas. Might be a bit late to change the aircraft registration :} but the other two are worth pursuing.

Final destination is near St Tropez.

Private jet
5th Jul 2022, 18:11
Change your reg to "F". You would be welcomed tomorrow!
This ^

I used to go to Cannes fairly regularly back in the day, & very pre Brexit too might I add. It's the only place we were ever SAFA checked (one time only, by "Inspector Clouseau").Obviously to justify their existence they needed to find something "wrong" which they eventually did after about 2 hours. They wrote a very pompous letter to our registry & our registry then filed it away in an appropriate place for future reference....
The Spaniards are not much better, going into Palma, vectored so far out we were over Ibiza.... All the Spanish operators got a "straight-in" of course...