PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar-Another two bite the dust.

Lookleft
24th Jun 2022, 06:11
Did they jump or were they pushed? Gareth Evans and Gerry Turner have both announced that they want to start new phases in their lives. Haven't we heard that before. Bruce Buchanan spotted a gap in the Asian face cream market, David Hall decided that a minor role at Melbourne Airport was more to his liking and we all know what happened to Miss Jane. None of them have made a noticeable difference to Jetstar but all found new opportunities and a "different path in life" The only difference that I can see is that OTP has gone from bad to really crap.

Paragraph377
24th Jun 2022, 06:21
They weren’t pushed LL. Now that QF have made a motza from Jobkeeper and paid down $2.8b in debt, the executives are receiving their bonuses hence the reason Gareth Evans and Gerry Turner are cashing in. Embarrassingly M. Franzi, the QF Safety Manager, a kid that has spent no practical time in any field other than sitting behind a desk, becomes JQ’s COO. Aagh well, got to hand it to Joyce - he doesn’t look after the customers or the broader Qantas staff, but he sure does look after his executives.

Paragraph377
24th Jun 2022, 06:23
Did they jump or were they pushed? Gareth Evans and Gerry Turner have both announced that they want to start new phases in their lives. Haven't we heard that before. Bruce Buchanan spotted a gap in the Asian face cream market, David Hall decided that a minor role at Melbourne Airport was more to his liking and we all know what happened to Miss Jane. None of them have made a noticeable difference to Jetstar but all found new opportunities and a "different path in life" The only difference that I can see is that OTP has gone from bad to really crap.
David Hall is useless . And Boston Bruce bailed so he could assist his partner in her makeup business. Weirdos.

SandyPalms
24th Jun 2022, 06:29
My prediction. AJ to leave in November, replaced by VH. GE quit as he didn’t get the job.

Paragraph377
24th Jun 2022, 06:53
My prediction. AJ to leave in November, replaced by VH. GE quit as he didn’t get the job.
The Board want to keep Alan through to the end of next year, so Gareth bailed as he is sick of being the bridesmaid and not the bride. The clock was ticking. As long as Joyce has shareholder and Board support he will stay on, and that’s exactly what he is doing. He will cream another bonus next year and I reckon that’s when he will bail. Go out with a bang and with a big fat final pay check.

Joyce has done well continuing with the work that Dixon started - turning Qantas into a LCC.

SHVC
24th Jun 2022, 07:17
Shame, GE was the only qualified person to take the group forward. VH or OW will get the group CEO just so they can make history although not the most qualified in the room.

PoppaJo
24th Jun 2022, 07:30
10 bucks GT will resurface at Virgin.

nvfr
24th Jun 2022, 07:35
Who’s VH. Need 10 characters

blubak
24th Jun 2022, 08:56
Shame, GE was the only qualified person to take the group forward. VH or OW will get the group CEO just so they can make history although not the most qualified in the room.
What about AD,im pretty sure it would be the only airline in the region left that he hasnt been paid at(notice i didnt say worked at).
If OW gets it,she will need to buy some make up or i guess it doesnt really matter any more how you present yourself,after all its just a scummy LCC.

Lookleft
24th Jun 2022, 09:04
Embarrassingly M. Franzi, the QF Safety Manager, a kid that has spent no practical time in any field other than sitting behind a desk, becomes JQ’s COO.

Probably has been "mentored" P377 by that other JQ safety guru JG who also has been promoted way above his ability. SSDD really.

SHVC
24th Jun 2022, 09:25
What about AD,im pretty sure it would be the only airline in the region left that he hasnt been paid at(notice i didnt say worked at).
If OW gets it,she will need to buy some make up or i guess it doesnt really matter any more how you present yourself,after all its just a scummy LCC.

Sure scummy LLC carrier what ever. However I was referring to who would be the new QF CEO when AJ leaves. GE would of been the only qualified person, like I mentioned, they want to make history so qualifications don’t matter. That’s just my thoughts on why they are leaving.

Paragraph377
24th Jun 2022, 09:35
Probably has been "mentored" P377 by that other JQ safety guru JG who also has been promoted way above his ability. SSDD really.
Correct. JG the ‘wordsmith’, he would be able to bluff and bluster his way though his own obituary. A bunch of Easter eggs, crack them open and there is nothing inside.

AmarokGTI
25th Jun 2022, 01:15
Who’s VH. Need 10 characters

presume Vanessa Hudson (CFO)

Ichiban
2nd Jul 2022, 02:44
Bruce Buchanan co-wrote the business plan for Jetstar while he was at BCG, and consulting to Qantas.
He is smarter than all those who followed him at Jetstar!
Now a multi millionaire, CEO of ROKT.

PoppaJo
2nd Jul 2022, 08:32
Executives can become multi millionaires by joining the PE bandwagon at Virgin also. Time is running out. Watch this space.

lucille
2nd Jul 2022, 10:57
Only one question… are all the commenters here disgruntled QF passengers?

I’m with you brothers and sisters (and everything else in between) but I just can’t find enough anger in me to comment. I’m surprised anyone can.

Far healthier to simply see and avoid when making airline reservations.

VectorVictor77
3rd Jul 2022, 06:15
Nope, just disgruntled operational staff who are are sick of the nonsense at work whilst the world's best management continue to have their snout in the trough. Pay Freeze for the workers, multiple million dollar bonuses or shares for the Board. Qantas is falling apart at the moment, those responsible for it's decline are walking off with their millions.