PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair 737 training at EMA

ATNotts
23rd Jun 2022, 08:41
Their sole 737-700 EI-SEV trains pretty well daily at EMA - nothing very interesting about that.

However what always intrigues me is the the aircraft invariably shows on FR24 as routing EMA-SNN, even though so far as I can see it never goes near Co. Clare. Why would that be? Is it perhaps to do with the aircraft, and operator being Irish and any associated bureaucratic issues resulting from Brexit? I would have thought that since the flight is intended to go from EMA to EMA wouldn't that be a logical way to file the flight plan?

As I say, just curious.

Liffy 1M
23rd Jun 2022, 09:03
FR24 is not infallible, especially for non-scheduled flights. EI-SEV does fairly often go to SNN for circuits, though.

ATNotts
23rd Jun 2022, 09:14
FR24 is not infallible, especially for non-scheduled flights. EI-SEV does fairly often go to SNN for circuits, though.

FR24 is eminently fallible!! However every day for the last 7 'EV is showing planned EMA-SNN as FR41 and on every occasion it has just been circuit bashing at EMA. So why the EMA/SNN flight plan? I assume, possibly incorrectly, that the origin and destination showing on FR24 is derived from the flight plan, or is that a misconception on my part?

almost professional
23rd Jun 2022, 09:17
If its solely in the circuit them no FPL filed, they used to just ‘book out’ as if a club cessna, the detail having been organised and approved earlier.

ATNotts
23rd Jun 2022, 09:23
If its solely in the circuit them no FPL filed, they used to just ‘book out’ as if a club cessna, the detail having been organised and approved earlier.

That figures. Then why file a flight plan at all, which I assume they do. Perhaps to get new crew up to speed with their operational processes when operating to small airports where the flight deck crew might be responsible for filing their own flightplans?

DaveReidUK
23rd Jun 2022, 15:49
I assume, possibly incorrectly, that the origin and destination showing on FR24 is derived from the flight plan, or is that a misconception on my part?

FR24 contains a database of flight numbers and the routes that they usually fly, but the db doesn't seem to be able to cope with ad-hoc, charter or ttaining flights.

NutLoose
28th Jun 2022, 19:48
Don’t they use the other as training if the weather or traffic is bad at East Mids? Perhaps an alternative if needed?

N707ZS
28th Jun 2022, 21:17
It used to go to Doncaster before Covid.