PDA

View Full Version : Noir Aviation - ATPL Theory course

mattpilot
22nd Jun 2022, 20:21
Anyone have any experience with Noir Aviation? I am considering doing the ATPL Theory course with them, as it seems to be the cheapest i could find (1240 euro). I figure since i'm planning on a FAA -> EASA conversion, i already have a lot of knowledge and can get away with not going with the best-of-the-best (oxford?) course. https://noiraviation.com/courses/atpl-theory/

Anybody have any thoughts or maybe a recommendation for a different theory course that is affordable and would get the job done for a conversion? Thanks
Also, is it still required for some of the time on a distance learning course to be attended in person/class?

Another question if i may -> I can go do the ATPL theory course, radio operator license, and medical all on my own without signing up with an ATO/FTO right away to do a conversion, right? Or is there some obstacle or is it frowned upon to do the theory at one place and the flying at another?

Thanks for the feedback

rudestuff
22nd Jun 2022, 20:32
If you've got an FAA ATP then you don't need to do any kind of course, you can self certify.

If you don't then you'll need to do some kind of course. You can choose the cheapest if you like, as you're really just paying for a signature, but you'll need to attend the minimum brush up courses.

mattpilot
22nd Jun 2022, 20:48
Sadly i dont have the FAA ATP - sitting only around 1000 hours, but i do qualify for the CB-IR, so i got that going for me, which is nice :-).

but you'll need to attend the minimum brush up courses.

As in, literally being in a class room, or can those also be done via zoom / webinars these days ?

paco
23rd Jun 2022, 10:47
That's not the cheapest :)

mattpilot
23rd Jun 2022, 11:02
That's not the cheapest :)

bro, buddy, pal, compadre... don't hold out on me :-) I beg thee

Alex Whittingham
23rd Jun 2022, 17:10
May I recommend you mooch around the discord server here (https://discord.gg/mQnB8nNh) and count how may candidates find themselves using private tutors having bought what seemed to them to be a cheap course!

rudestuff
23rd Jun 2022, 19:07
It all depends on your ability to learn. Some people need to be spoon fed whilst others can ace the exams with Google, YouTube and Question Banks.

Alex Whittingham
23rd Jun 2022, 19:47
yes, true....

mattpilot
24th Jun 2022, 10:49
I appreciate the recommendation Alex, and having instructed for a bit i certainly would give that recommendation to most students aswell.

I mainly am trying to get a feel for Noir Aviation's ATPL theory course - i was hoping someone had some personal experience or knows of someone who has delt with them.

paco
24th Jun 2022, 16:11
I guess a lot depends on whose notes they use