PDA

View Full Version : How can a descent radial be defined from a VOR other than the VOR at the aerodrome?

deepak007p1
22nd Jun 2022, 15:09
can a descent radial be defined from a VOR other than the VOR at the aerodrome?

rudestuff
22nd Jun 2022, 20:37
How do you define decent? 🤔

EXDAC
22nd Jun 2022, 22:07
How do you define decent? 🤔

How could it be anything but the antonym of indecent? However, I suspect the OP may have intended "descent".

Descents on a radial of a VOR not located on an airport are common in VOR instrument approach procedures e.g.
https://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/2206/00546V12.PDF
https://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/2206/06656V5.PDF

deepak007p1
23rd Jun 2022, 06:42
@EXDAC thank you, could you give more examples, i am specific about one approach at VOBG India, the aerodrome has a vor BIA which is located inside and the Descent radial given is from another VOR BBG which is located 10nm outside the airport, i haven't seen anything like this. Usually, descent radials are given from the VOR located at the aerodrome where you shoot an approach.

is this common?
VOBG india -drive.google.com/file/d/1g9dh-gULe5Hyct3rhI5sSePbC6PYKv5h/view?usp=sharing

deepak007p1
4th Jul 2022, 06:51
How can a descent radial be defined from a VOR other than the VOR at the aerodrome? VOBG Bangalore India

i am specific about one approach at VOBG India, the aerodrome has a vor BIA which is located inside and the Descent radial given is from another VOR BBG which is located 10nm outside the airport, i haven't seen anything like this. Usually, descent radials are given from the VOR located at the aerodrome where you shoot an approach.

is this common?
VOBG india -drive.google.com/file/d/1g9dh-gULe5Hyct3rhI5sSePbC6PYKv5h/view?usp=sharing

EXDAC
4th Jul 2022, 18:30
Usually, descent radials are given from the VOR located at the aerodrome where you shoot an approach.

I have no data to know if that's true or not. I simply selected two examples close to my base airport. All the VOR approaches near me have the VOR located off the airport. Some are closer to the airport than others. How many examples would you need to believe this is not abnormal?

EXDAC
4th Jul 2022, 18:51
i am specific about one approach at VOBG India, the aerodrome has a vor BIA which is located inside and the Descent radial given is from another VOR BBG which is located 10nm outside the airport,

Your link did not work for me but I found a chart for the area. That chart does not show any VOR at VOBG. The nearest VOR seems to be BIA at VOBL. Can you please post a valid link to the IAP that is bothering you.