PDA

View Full Version : Landing area AW169

pappabagge
20th Jun 2022, 09:37
Hi people!
I have a life-threatening allergy to wasp stings and live in a fairly remote area on the western Swedish coast, where in an emergency a land ambulance can take up to an hour to get to me.
I could potentially die within half that time.
Having recently had a redundant telegraph pole and associated overhead wire removed from my garden, I'm now wondering about contacting the regional Air Ambulance service to enquire about getting the property registered as a potentially landable site.
The regional Air Ambulance service is operated by an AW169, so my question is - what are the minimum dimensions required for putting an AW169 down safely now there are no obstructions?
Thanks in advance.

maeroda
20th Jun 2022, 10:40
Hi,
Hems site minimums dimensions are normally stated in the Ops manual of the air operator in charge of the Hems service in the country of operations.
Anyways, the minimum dimensions for an Hems site according to Aw169 RFM are 2D, so to say 15x15 meters.
Cheers

212man
20th Jun 2022, 13:33
Hi,
Hems site minimums dimensions are normally stated in the Ops manual of the air operator in charge of the Hems service in the country of operations.
Anyways, the minimum dimensions for an Hems site according to Aw169 RFM are 2D, so to say 15x15 meters.
Cheers
D value is 14.7m, so 2D is 29.4m.