PDA

View Full Version : CAA or EASA licence?

Arena_33
19th Jun 2022, 15:19
Hi All,

I've got my initial class 1 medical coming up, I'm aiming to have this done under a EASA SOLI.

Looking for advice regarding whether or not an initial class one with a EASA SOLI is the right thing to do?

I've got concerns that post brexit, and with myself not having the unrestricted right to live and work in the EU, an EASA licence is almost pointless and I'm better getting a UK CAA class one and subsequently CAA CPL/IR?

Any advice on this is greatly appreciated, I've done my research but fear I'm missing some crucial points that may cost me a fair whack

Thanks!!

redsnail
20th Jun 2022, 09:03
Some jobs can let you live in the UK but you'll need an EASA licence (NetJets Europe is one example). It's a mess and none of it is your fault.
Some one wiser than me should be able to offer better advice. If you can, explore doing both. We can only hope UK rejoins EASA but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Arena_33
20th Jun 2022, 09:46
Thanks Redsnail, I've opted for both - lets hope we do rejoin EASA.

A320LGW
20th Jun 2022, 09:54
Absolutely get both licenses if you have the opportunity. You never know what can happen and suddenly you're only job offer requires an EASA license.