PDA

View Full Version : How Many Pilots Have Left Virgin Blue?

right side up
26th Aug 2002, 12:45
Just wondering,

How many pilots if any have left Virgin Blue and why?

gmallard
27th Aug 2002, 00:31
Why would anyone leave Virgin Blue! When they are expanding so rapidly!! And from what I've heard it's a great Airline to work for?:cool:

Wizofoz
27th Aug 2002, 00:36
Rapid expantion doesn't do you much good in a one-type airline, you just get to be a 737 captain in a bigger company than before.

VB has a lot going for it, but a qualified Captain can make a LOT more money (Like x3) overseas, and the large number of overnights must get a bit wearing.

People leave Qantas and used to leave Ansett to chase the bucks OS, so it wouldn't suprise me in the least if DJ had at least a small attrition rate.

Sopwith Pup
27th Aug 2002, 01:15
I don't know about pilots but a few of the lovely ladies have changed airlines. Thanks guys!:D

Barbers Pole
28th Aug 2002, 04:41
Well I met one who had left, down at the pub.

If I was overnighting ever day I went to work with those Virgin Girls I'd be bloody tired as well!! ;) but happy.

beerstop
28th Aug 2002, 07:42
Most of their capts have come back from overseas jobs, so why go again, they`ve been there done that. The fos mostly dont have enough experience to get the jobs with the big bucks. In any case the days of big bucks is gone .

Hugh Jarse
28th Aug 2002, 09:09
I know of at least one pilot that has left. Caught up with him around a week ago.

F111
28th Aug 2002, 09:43
Jarse,
I hope you didn't give him to hard a time in the sim:D

JULIET WHISKEY
28th Aug 2002, 10:37
Im sure the appropriate steps were taken Jarse????

Surely an assett to have back no doubt ?

Bring back Elvis!

Hugh Jarse
28th Aug 2002, 23:32
:p :D :p :D :o

Gnadenburg
29th Aug 2002, 00:02
Beerstop

Some young F/Os have recently been employed with a foreign carrier whose education allowance for three children is greater than an F/Os wage at Virgin Blue.

There are still very well paying jobs out there.

Of course,with the Sept 11 downturn and VB type wages,they are under some pressure.

Let`s hope the AFAP comes through for VB and a bit of a pilot shortage abroad.

beerstop
29th Aug 2002, 17:07
Well good luck to them, thats great.
Virgin blue is a good spot for the young fos to get the exp. required for Cx /Dragon or Emirates.
Hope the wifes will handle HKG/DXB long term?
In those cases there will be some of money left overafter the first years,
Most people underestimate the living expenses with kids in those places.