PDA

View Full Version : Any students here that can advise about Quality Fly?

EmmaNeu
10th Jun 2022, 10:45
Thatīs it, in September Iīll finally follow my dream and become a pilot. Or female pilot, whatever itīs called.

After checking around 50 flight schools in Europe, the option I like the most is Quality Fly in Madrid.

Before take the decision, just want to check: Any students here that are at quality fly now or have been recently? Do you recommend?

Let me know your opinion and if it as good as it seems.

Big Thanks, Emma

Alex Whittingham
10th Jun 2022, 15:33
I'm not a student, but I do follow the posts. There was an entertaining thread run back in 2019 by a poster called 'screwedbyqualityfly' who was more than a little critical. The CEO posted a robust defence accompanied by many many first-time-posters-who-have-never-posted-since saying how wonderful the place was. Suggest you get a bowl of popcorn, search by the user name above and make up your own mind!

gerpols
11th Jun 2022, 06:00
Dear Ammaneu,
Before you put any money down, or make a discision, listen to me :
GO AND VISIT THE PLACE, AND TALK TO MANAGEMENT, STUDENTS, AND INSTRUCTORS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck !
(And I am sure I am old enough to be your father, or even grandfather,

iggy
12th Jun 2022, 04:13
...and if it as good as it seems.

You know how the saying goes, if it is too good to be true, then...

I'm Spanish and none of the schools that existed when I took my initial license, more than twenty years ago, are still operating. The number of students I have heard of, that have lost a great deal of money taking the license in Spain, and have been left to their own devices by the Spanish authorities is too big not to stablish a trend. In Spain, either you go for a big, stable, reputable - and therefore expensive - flight school, or you'd better not go at all.

murphy1cameron
15th Jun 2022, 10:44
Hi Emma,

I started at Quality Fly at the back end of 2019. Before this date, I've heard that the school was going through all the problems that new flight schools go through. However, just before I started, the school went through a complete fleet change purchasing brand-new aircraft and also got a bunch of new instructors in who really changed the place. My experience was honestly great. I finished the integrated course in under two years (despite the pandemic) and now I am flying the 737 for a European airline. I can honestly say the school was great and would recommend it to anyone.

Javier Ozz
21st Jun 2022, 18:36
Hi Emma,

I'm Javier, a former student from Quality Fly and currently working as a commercial pilot in the same airline as Cameron.

In Quality Fly you will find very good and committed instructors. The school management is accessible and will help you with any difficulty you might find.

Best advice I can give you is to visit the school and meet the instructors and the management. It is what I did back in 2019 and helped me decide.

I hope I helped you decide.
Best regards,
Javier

JoshD
22nd Jun 2022, 16:20
Hi Emma,

I can honestly recommend Quality Fly as a great place to undertake your ATPL training. I started in November 2019 and had completed my final skills tests in August 2021, even with the delays due to covid. Students that had started shortly before me commented of how much the school had improved even in the time they had been there. We flew in a modern and growing fleet, and I enjoyed my time with some brilliant flight and ground school instructors. Shortly afterwards I completed the APS MCC with their training partner GTA and I am currently undergoing a 737 type rating with a European airline. Best of luck with your career in aviation!

BoeingLudo737
24th Jun 2022, 15:29
Many first time posters saying how great the school is so you better believe it :-)

gerpols
24th Jun 2022, 18:51
Yeah, right..!!

harveyst
1st Jul 2022, 20:54
Many first time posters saying how great the school is so you better believe it :-)

Both with jobs as well! Amazing!!

EmmaNeu
5th Jul 2022, 12:10
Thank you everyone for the replies and for the private msg.

Josh and Javier, I found you at Quality fly instagram, congratulations, how exciting! Hope we will meet in a cabin soon :)

All ready to start in September

Emma

SAPilot27
24th May 2023, 14:07
Thank you everyone for the replies and for the private msg.

Josh and Javier, I found you at Quality fly instagram, congratulations, how exciting! Hope we will meet in a cabin soon :)

All ready to start in September

Emma
Hi Emma, how was your experience at Quality fly? I’m thinking of joining the school ME/IR CPL

J_Durden
16th Oct 2023, 15:39
Hi Emma,

I can honestly recommend Quality Fly as a great place to undertake your ATPL training. I started in November 2019 and had completed my final skills tests in August 2021, even with the delays due to covid. Students that had started shortly before me commented of how much the school had improved even in the time they had been there. We flew in a modern and growing fleet, and I enjoyed my time with some brilliant flight and ground school instructors. Shortly afterwards I completed the APS MCC with their training partner GTA and I am currently undergoing a 737 type rating with a European airline. Best of luck with your career in aviation!

Hello! I'm thinking about to do the MCC APS with GTA Aviation. Would you recommend it?

gigachad
18th Oct 2023, 20:58
they've had a crash with 2 deaths in 2019 and another crash in 2022.
any flight school with fatalities should be shut down for good periodt

janrein
18th Oct 2023, 22:22
they've had a crash with 2 deaths in 2019 and another crash in 2022.

Sadly two fatalities indeed in the accident in 2019, 6th of February to be precise.
Not a scratch to the occupants of the other accident in 2022, on the 4th of June.
Anyone genuinely interested in truth and fact can search the CAIAC website for the official reports and conclusions.
Also googling in the wider web media reports and opinions on fora like PPRuNe and others can be found with varying level of quality and intent.
Any of that I would say providing better insight than the posted one-liner.

any flight school with fatalities should be shut down for good periodt

Over more than a quarter century as an aviator I have accumulated and read accident reports - official as well as media reports and fora contents - spanning accidents in general and commercial aviation over more than half a century, out of interest, be it personal interest, professional interest, scientific interest, and also because of friends and colleagues lost.

Your second one-liner may have been due to personal grieve - which I could sympathise with - a personal grudge, or perhaps an honest off-the-cuff statement, maybe understandable, but in any case inappropriate, and unfair.

Think of the first "P" in "PPRuNe", let's keep it professional.

gigachad
18th Oct 2023, 22:33
Your second one-liner may have been due to personal grieve - which I could sympathise with - a personal grudge, or perhaps an honest off-the-cuff statement, maybe understandable, but in any case unfair.

It is not though is it :) especially not when training related costs are in the tens of thousands ^_^

mindaugenius
19th Oct 2023, 01:16
Any of that I would say providing better insight than the posted one-liner.

On a thread which was meant for information gathering, not even one person took the initiative to bring up the schools safety record, which is frankly quite important when making a decision on where to invest your 60k-70k in.
I would say the one liner provided better insight than any of the stooges in thread, who chose keep this small yet very relevant piece of information out.
Obviously people can go out their way to search in-depth about incidents and accidents, once they know about it's existence. But bear in mind a large chunk of the readers of such threads, if not the majority, are taking their first steps into aviation and have little exposure to different information sources from where they could make a well rounded decisions regarding which school to trust enough to remortgage their parents houses on.
Had anyone not brought it up on this thread in the first place, readers would have not even known about it's existence , as obviously the school itself nor it's lackeys have any interest in sharing such information, given how hush hush they're being about it. Not to mention how promptly we got a reactionary response once the information was infact given out ;)

Over more than a quarter century as an aviator I have accumulated and read accident reports - official as well as media reports and fora contents - spanning accidents in general and commercial aviation over more than half a century, out of interest, be it personal interest, professional interest, scientific interest, and also because of friends and colleagues lost.

Then you are using your expertise in the wrong way. OP wanted information and an opinion about the flight school. OP got information and an opinion about the flight school from the poster above. There was no twisting, turning or spreading misinformation.
However your reply was infact nothing more but a defensive reaction to a piece of information you'd not have wanted readers to find out about in the first place- which is why you chose the reactive approach and not the proactive one.