PDA

View Full Version : Cathay loses court case over pandemic severance

Acepilothk99
29th May 2022, 21:18
Vancouver woman fired after nearly 35 years awarded $170K SEVERANCEAt least she still got her fair share of severance pay unlike the guys in hk who have no labor laws to protect them 😭

Busbuoy
30th May 2022, 08:30
Don't worry, CX will get that reduced to a far more reasonable payout on appeal. If she's lucky it'll cover her legal fees.

The Banjo
30th May 2022, 11:49
Don't worry, CX will get that reduced to a far more reasonable payout on appeal. If she's lucky it'll cover her legal fees.

Explain why you consider the payout to be unreasonable. On one hand you complain about being done over and yet seem to be dismissive of others standing up for their own rights

Glass Half Empty
30th May 2022, 13:04
the cx mantra to appeal everything to the furthest point to try and run you out of money or get the award reduced to the lowest figure they then believe is a win. Maybe one day their tactic will become famously unstuck.

Busbuoy
30th May 2022, 23:13
Explain why you consider the payout to be unreasonable. On one hand you complain about being done over and yet seem to be dismissive of others standing up for their own rights
I'm not complaining about anything. I'm observing that every time someone holds CX to account through litigation, CX seems to be able to reduce the financial impact of the verdict on appeal.
And "reasonable" in my post was in the skewed eyes of the company.

red_dirt
31st May 2022, 03:26
I'm not complaining about anything. I'm observing that every time someone holds CX to account through litigation, CX seems to be able to reduce the financial impact of the verdict on appeal.
And "reasonable" in my post was in the skewed eyes of the company.

welcome to ANY court case that requires settlement…it’s not exclusive to CX