PDA

View Full Version : Historic helicopters open day.

NutLoose
27th May 2022, 20:33
I don’t know if anyone is interested but they are having an open day, it’s being done in conjunction with Threshold Aero who I have used in the past for photography shoots, I hope there is no problem letting those who may be interested know about the event, details here. I have no connection with either company, I have just been to a few Threshold events before.

Tickets are available on the button below

The event will showcase the Historic Helicopters fleet on the ground and in the air, including Westland Whirlwind, Wessex Mk 5, Sea King Mk’s 3, 4, 5 & Mk 48 (Belgian Navy SAR aircraft); Lynx Mk 7 and Westland Wasp.

The event will have a family focus with events and activities specifically for families and younger aviation enthusiasts. Full catering will be available on the day: including cafés, coffee shop, licenced bar and food stalls. There will also be Historic Helicopters souvenirs, aviation related vendors, historic military vehicles and classic cars.
Historic Helicopters Open DaySaturday 13th August 2022Venue: Chard Equestrian, Whitehouse Farm, Cricket St Thomas, Chard, Somerset, TA20 4BP

Gates Open: 9am - 6pm

Carparking is free to all with disabled parking closer to the event showground.

Children age 8 and under enter free, no ticket required.

The event will showcase flying Historic Helicopters aircraft including Westland Whirlwind, Wessex Mk 5, Sea King Mk’s 3, 4, 5 & Mk 48 (Belgian Air Force SAR aircraft); Lynx Mk 7 and Westland Wasp.

Aircraft will conduct flying displays subject to weather and serviceability; including celebrations to mark 70 years of RAF Search and Rescue – and the first display of HH Lynx Mk 7. On the ground there will be static aircraft including Westland Sea Kings (Mk’s 3, 4, 5 & 48) Westland Widgeon, Westland Scout, Gazelle and many others. Static displays will afford the opportunity for closer photography and interaction with crews.

The event will have a family focus with events and activities specifically for families and younger aviation enthusiasts. Full catering will be available on the day: including cafés, coffee shop, licenced bar and food stalls. There will also be Historic Helicopters souvenirs, aviation related vendors, historic military vehicles and classic cars.

Why not stay for the Saturday evening ‘Aftershow Party’ and enjoy live music and food and drink.

https://thresholdaero.ticketsrv.co.uk/tickets/10

unmanned_droid
28th May 2022, 17:36
Thanks for posting this, I'll aim to attend.

NutLoose
8th Aug 2022, 18:03
I had mentioned it in here but cannot find the thread, just a heads up from the rotorcraft forum

https://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/648205-historic-helicopters-open-day-13th-aug.html