PDA

View Full Version : Rostered loops.

Airblast
24th May 2022, 03:36
It didn’t take long for loops - mini loops in this case - to be normalised on our rosters.

No consent required and no quarantine compensation for Q3 duty on your roster, besides cashless hotel allowances.

You live in HK and your employer orders you to stay in a hotel for three days, for no pay, after carrying passengers, so that it can make a profit.

Everyone happy with that?

Just how competitive is our contract now?

Jamesd03
24th May 2022, 03:43
It didn’t take long for loops - mini loops in this case - to be normalised on our rosters.

No consent required and no quarantine compensation for Q3 duty on your roster, besides cashless hotel allowances.

Just how competitive is our contract now?
I think you also get quarantine compensation on top of the cashless, 2000 for FO's etc

1200firm
24th May 2022, 06:37
I think you also get quarantine compensation on top of the cashless, 2000 for FO's etc
Errrrrr......no. Quarantine compensation is gone. Just normal hotel allowance. No need to provide an incentive now that it is compulsory. But is it legal?

Oasis
24th May 2022, 07:43
Are you allowed to jump on another plane for leisure, instead of quarantine after a rostered trip?

Airblast
24th May 2022, 08:07
Absolutely not legal. That’s why volunteers were required until now.

Shame the AOA can’t be arsed to get legal advice on the matter.

Cavallier
24th May 2022, 08:31
I am surprised that the crews are surprised by this !!! Straight from the Cathay playbook. Expect to see patterns such as EDTF appear when IOC really needs them, basically here to stay and when people complain “well during Covid you consented”.
As for rosters coming out on the 15th, doubt that will ever happen again !! Glad I’m out of here shortly .

The Cav

Busbuoy
24th May 2022, 11:28
Remember split duties were a temporary measure, 30+ years ago.

BuzzBox
24th May 2022, 11:47
Remember split duties were a temporary measure, 30+ years ago.

As were the 'trial' four day ULH patterns 25-ish years ago. That trial never ended...

MENELAUS
24th May 2022, 15:48
I wouldn’t hold out too much hope of the AOA acting on anyones behalf, given that that bastion of free speech and human rights over the border have ruled trade unions to be illegal. And I think what passes for a government in HK have followed suit. So quite what you’re paying AOA subs for, Lord knows.
The CEO asked MH / MLO months ago if individuals could be obliged or coerced to do closed loop operations. The reply was a resounding no if only from the mental health perspective. It would appear that the CX version of pragmatism has won over.
Of course you can do 3 days banged up after a long haul pattern where you are forbidden to leave the hotel, followed by a 5 hour wait for your PCR test result.

skyboss
25th May 2022, 04:08
This treatment must be reported to EASA and the FAA

buggaluggs
25th May 2022, 07:30
Cry me a river! I think if you ask around you'll find the 747 crews have been doing 10 and 11 day patterns for years, with a lot longer than 3 days locked in hotel rooms! But listen to them squeal when the pax boys get a dose!

MENELAUS
25th May 2022, 07:30
This treatment must be reported to EASA and the FAA

And the “grown ups” press and media outlets. BBC,CNN, WSJ, Times etc.

MENELAUS
25th May 2022, 11:32
Cry me a river! I think if you ask around you'll find the 747 crews have been doing 10 and 11 day patterns for years, with a lot longer than 3 days locked in hotel rooms! But listen to them squeal when the pax boys get a dose!

The difference was, and it’s a big one, 10 days or not you could always pop out for a feed, glass of vino, bike ride etc. Not been the case for years now irrespective of fleet. And it’s untenable.

main_dog
25th May 2022, 14:01
Precisely right, Menelaus. We’re in our third year now of being denied the pretty basic human need of stretching our legs after 16hrs in the tube, taking a breath of fresh air, and (gasp) perhaps eating something not served lukewarm out of a cardboard box. Other pilots only have the “pleasure” of being locked in their rooms when they come here, which is why they’re paid a financial incentive to layover in China, while we get to do it everywhere we go (and in exchange have seen a permanent and drastic pay cut).

Inability to lead a normal life when on layovers, and the requirement to sit on that hard plastic chair for hours upon returning to HK waiting for a negative PCR test result before finally being allowed to go rest, are the two biggest pain points. Together with the permanent paycuts and the end of housing, it’s the reason we’re haemorrhaging crew.

Kitsune
25th May 2022, 16:57
Where’s Sam Ting Wong when you need him to explain to all these numpties how it’s still the best job in aviation…🤔

Papa123
26th May 2022, 06:48
Those of you who are young - are desperate and don’t care. Those with experience are just desperate, sadly.

Tout your flying job to a passing professional from another airline. See what they say.