PDA

View Full Version : how old is to old

abcde
13th Mar 2001, 01:09
I am 44 years old and half way into my private lic. What can someone do at my age
or how far can one go
I do have a bs deg.

Delta Wun-Wun
13th Mar 2001, 02:56
How far do you want to go?I dont expect BA will be kicking your door down to employ you,but there is ATPL flying out there.There is also instructing.You can go as far as you want.Got to be determined it is not easy for the 25 yr old..but it is not impossible.Decide what you want and go for it you are a long time dead.Good luck

------------------
GET THE BLOODY NOSE DOWN!

300hrWannaB
13th Mar 2001, 03:32
Even if you don't end up at the pointy end of a big 'bus, remember that flying is fun. Enjoy the journey, and think that you would only have wasted all that money on savings, mortgages, and the kids. Live for the present!

no sponsor
13th Mar 2001, 14:24
I know of people who have gone on to regionals as their first job after qualifying in their late 30s. Of course, the quicker you get you CPL/IR and ATPL the better. Some who are starting late, take he plunge and start a fully integrated course at OATS, or BAe to get themselves on the job market asap.

But you have to also consider that your retirement will be in 10-15 years time from now, but in smaller regionals, you should still make captain in 3-6 years.