PDA

View Full Version : Selling ticket from GA-only airport

davidjohnson6
20th May 2022, 18:09
I am aware that a commercial airline is operating a 100+ seat jet on a few dates on a domestic route in a wealthy EU member state, taking pax from a small airport that is officially GA only (ie does not formally accept scheduled airline traffic) to an airport which sees a lot of scheduled traffic. Tickets are sold as a 7-day round trip leisure package with hotel by a travel agency/tour operator based nearby. The airport has given its (quiet) blessing to the 7-day holiday packages being sold.

For those in the UK... it might be roughly similiar to a B737 travelling 5 times over the summer from Cranfield or Kemble to Inverness and back for long weekends of visiting Loch Ness by local residents

If said travel agency were to sell flight-only, either one-way or round trip... what happens ? Does the airport file a formal complaint against the travel agency ? Does the airport refuse to handle the flight or passenger ? Or is it a case of turning a blind eye as long as it is when the apron is quiet, doesn't cause the airport any trouble and it doesn't happen too much ?

PAXboy
22nd May 2022, 22:49
I have no idea about the rules and history of this situation but I surmise that, as with many situations in the world, a goodly part of the answer will be Money.