PDA

View Full Version : are the written test in Latin American taken in Spanish or English?

Ajohnson
16th May 2022, 13:56
Dear All

Thank you very much for this platform and all the information shared here, I really appreciate the walth of knowledge and experience shared.

I am starting my pilots journey and am very excited. I have approx $9000 usd and I'm hoping to achieve my PPL with that.

My aim is to be a multi engine seaplane pilot. I absolutely love the Twin Otter Seaplane and other smaller seaplanes.

I am open to studying anywhere in the world and am looking at the Central and South America and the Caribbean, as I think it would be a beautiful place to enjoy learning, culture and landscape for 3 months. And I've heard its much cheaper. But I am open to anywhere in the world that is beautiful and the cost of food and accommodation is cheap.

I only speak English (no Spanish but I'm open to learning)

Can anyone offer any advice or guidance, on everything, from school and processes to exams and cost. Also are the written test in Latin American taken in Spanish or English?

All advice is really welcome and thank you for any and all attention given to this post.

EagleA25
17th May 2022, 03:14
Hey Johnson;

It very much depends on what country you take the exams at. I know Peru and Chile have them in both Spanish and English, but most countries like Colombia, Brazil, Argentina only offer in local language...
May I inquire why you would consider getting your certificates in this region? Most of the South Americans get their licenses in the US or in Europe... its faster, cheaper and has a lot more weight on interviews...
Also, just because you have local license, you need to see if you can get employed in that country. Some, like Mexico or Argentina, do not permit foreigners to fly aircraft in their countries!

Ajohnson
17th May 2022, 04:50
Hey Johnson;

.. its faster, cheaper and has a lot more weight on interviews...
Also, just because you have local license, you need to see if you can get employed in that country. Some, like Mexico or Argentina, do not permit foreigners to fly aircraft in their countries!

Hii Eagle

Thank you very much for your response. Its helpful to know which countries have the exam in English.

I'm looking at the region because I personally like the culture, atmosphere, and beautiful scenery, I find Europe cold and boring, and the states doesn't much interest me, but I would be open to States.

Its interesting you say they are cheaper, do you have a references or recommendation, I've been told Latin American is cheaper and it seems like it so far.
I'm learning to fly for fun and passion, and I'm sure if a job or interview was offered to me it will be easy and go well.