View Full Version : Luxair recruitment

pilotlux
9th May 2022, 17:40
Hey guys,

does anybody know how the recruitment process works and has anybody been called yet?

A warm hug

PositiveGhostrider
12th May 2022, 09:35
Lots of info elsewhere on this forum and still accurate.

pilotlux
9th Jun 2022, 17:09
I have been invited for the assessment, any recent feedback on their dlr

Littlelondon
26th Oct 2022, 22:29
Hello, Could u give us, what are the tests on their DLR?

TKS

hungryforflying
16th Feb 2023, 00:59
Did you end up getting the job?

If so how was the application process? and did you get a job on the 737 or Dash 8?

pilotlux
16th Feb 2023, 09:47
Hi guys,

I want to apologise for not answering the previous messages, I detoxed from this website for a while.

In the end I did not get the job, its a 6 step process:

-first triage
-personal interview + 1/2 technical questions
-DLR of which they give you software to practice on
-group assessment (apparently a formality dictated by EASA regulation)
-Sim assessment on 737, single pilot raw data and manouvers
-Final interview

In 99% of the cases you start on the -8 even if you have a type on the 737,

the truth is that its a hard selection process as its one of the best companies to work for, if you can get any experience you might find valuable even in your local aereoclub,

all the best,

Psych_
17th Feb 2023, 09:23
Thanks for the information, sounds helpful. good luck.

quentinvgb
20th Mar 2023, 15:32
Hello all,I just came back from the initial interview this day at LUX,here is what you can expect,
1st you start by a presentation about the working conditions on the airline by a psychologist member of the recruitment team,you also get a short summary of how the selection process goes,then you wait a few minutes and a captain comes pick you for the initial interview,the aim of this interview is to get a small idea of your personnality and see if you fit them,they ask several motivation and background question as well as 1 or 2 technical questions,here is what I gotWhat brought you to aviation ?
Why did you choose your flight school ?
Have you failed any atpl subject or skill test ?
Why luxair ?
Have you applied somewhere else?
Have you ever done an interview?
Have you applied to major low cost airlines?
How do you know our training is excellent ?(after answering this to why i applied to them among other things)
Did you have any contact at Luxair?Who?(again they asked me who i knew or who i got information from when i told them i had infos from several people either online on in real life...this surprised me)
How did you finance your training?
What would you do if we don’t hire you?(after telling them that i would go to ryanair if i don’t pass)
how will you finance the training?(after telling them I may consider applying to ryanair if i don't get a job for them)
Are you sure ryanair charges the type rating?(most awkward question ever heard in my life in the aviation industry to be honest)

Technical questions:my group of 5 applicants had Standard/Non standard holding with entries,explain how a jet engine works,take off segments with gradients for a 2 engine aircraft,basically as expected and reported on this forum.This did not take longer than 20 minutes,for some of us it was even 10 minutes long only (I don’t know how they can tell if you fit them in the span of 10 minutes)if you pass you go to the DLR in hambourg for psychometric assessements,if you fail your profile does not match them and you won’t be allowed to apply to Luxair again
Hope this helps!

John_Mclane
20th Mar 2023, 22:20
Hello all,I just came back from the initial interview this day at LUX,here is what you can expect,
1st you start by a presentation about the working conditions on the airline by a psychologist member of the recruitment team,you also get a short summary of how the selection process goes,then you wait a few minutes and a captain comes pick you for the initial interview,the aim of this interview is to get a small idea of your personnality and see if you fit them,they ask several motivation and background question as well as 1 or 2 technical questions,here is what I gotWhat brought you to aviation ?
Why did you choose your flight school ?
Have you failed any atpl subject or skill test ?
Why luxair ?
Have you applied somewhere else?
Have you ever done an interview?
Have you applied to major low cost airlines?
How do you know our training is excellent ?(after answering this to why i applied to them among other things)
Did you have any contact at Luxair?Who?(again they asked me who i knew or who i got information from when i told them i had infos from several people either online on in real life...this surprised me)
How did you finance your training?
What would you do if we don’t hire you?(after telling them that i would go to ryanair if i don’t pass)
how will you finance the training?(after telling them I may consider applying to ryanair if i don't get a job for them)
Are you sure ryanair charges the type rating?(most awkward question ever heard in my life in the aviation industry to be honest)

Technical questions:my group of 5 applicants had Standard/Non standard holding with entries,explain how a jet engine works,take off segments with gradients for a 2 engine aircraft,basically as expected and reported on this forum.This did not take longer than 20 minutes,for some of us it was even 10 minutes long only (I don’t know how they can tell if you fit them in the span of 10 minutes)if you pass you go to the DLR in hambourg for psychometric assessements,if you fail your profile does not match them and you won’t be allowed to apply to Luxair again
Hope this helps!

Thank you for the feedback. Do you have any idea what type of candidate they are looking for (experience, nationality etc)? I was rejected without saying why.

quentinvgb
22nd Mar 2023, 11:43
Thank you for the feedback. Do you have any idea what type of candidate they are looking for (experience, nationality etc)? I was rejected without saying why.
Hi,I don't know exactly,we were 5 people,3 Belgian 1 Dutch and 1 French,all coming out of school except one guy already flying the PC24 in Luxembourg,i guess at the moment they want ab initios but honnestly I don't know which personnality they want.

PilotName
23rd Mar 2023, 13:02
Hey all,

Did anyone apply recently at Luxair and have they received any answer yet?

Zlip
28th Mar 2023, 07:49
Nothing... Despite 3300h TT with 2500h turbine on multri crew.

DHC6to8
24th Apr 2023, 18:05
Does anybody here know what the Q400 DEC Captain pay is for the recent advertisement for DEC?
Any insights appreciated!
6to8