PDA

View Full Version : PBN flight training ?

beep trim
4th May 2022, 05:00
I have a couple of ATPL (H) licences, I have just completed my 13 EASA exams, and I thought all I had to do now was a check ride in a 412 sim and I would finally have an EASA licence, but I now have to do PBN flight training too! It seems expensive and pointless to do this in a 412 sim which only has a Garmin 420.

Does anyone on here have any good ideas for a cost effective way to get this done.

Apate
4th May 2022, 07:15
As far as I am aware there should be no need for a stand alone PBN course, you will cover PBN as part of your IR.

Aser
4th May 2022, 08:43
Any ATO in Europe with a cheap sim can give you a PBN initial... afaik.

AAKEE
4th May 2022, 09:18
I have a couple of ATPL (H) licences, I have just completed my 13 EASA exams, and I thought all I had to do now was a check ride in a 412 sim and I would finally have an EASA licence, but I now have to do PBN flight training too! It seems expensive and pointless to do this in a 412 sim which only has a Garmin 420.

Does anyone on here have any good ideas for a cost effective way to get this done.

I think the theoretical part of PBN is incuded in the EASA ATPL exam since a couple of years.

This means the flying part is really the one needed, and it could/should be a part if the skilltest/checkride. A sim or A/C of course need to have the equipment.

I ”converted” to EASA from military and during this I did a IR skilltest in a real A/C, after that I stepped into a sim to perform the PBN part. Just one correct performed setup/approach and a go around was needed.

KARNAK66
4th May 2022, 09:24
BEST OF LUCK TO YOU BUDDY

gipsymagpie
4th May 2022, 20:10
A few UK EASA-approved organisations have GTN 750 PBN capable Sims. Pm if you want a steer.