PDA

View Full Version : Weapons Cards

Finningley Boy
1st May 2022, 22:46
Can anyone remember from some years back the issue of weapons cards to nuclear armed squadrons? I'm trying to confirm what their purpose was, I understand they were issued on a squadron's operational declaration, as a form of certification.

FB

Timelord
2nd May 2022, 09:27
Doesn’t mean anything to me, unless you mean Special Weapons Flight Crew Checklists?
And each airframe needed a periodic nuclear certification which, I think, was included in the F700.

TL ( Involved 73-95)

Barksdale Boy
2nd May 2022, 12:35
Can anyone remember from some years back the issue of weapons cards to nuclear armed squadrons? I'm trying to confirm what their purpose was, I understand they were issued on a squadron's operational declaration, as a form of certification.

FB
Don't remember anything like it.

Bill Macgillivray
2nd May 2022, 20:04
Nor I - but that was late 60's/early 70's.

Yellow Sun
2nd May 2022, 20:29
I never encountered anything of that nature either as an “end user” or when fulfilling other weapons associated roles. At one time I had responsibility for collating periodic returns for crew weapon currency and training. There was no mention of them in that connection either.

YS

Finningley Boy
2nd May 2022, 23:30
Thanks Gentlemen,

I've found the reference meaning, clearances, orders under which nuclear weapons were to be handled and deployed. I think the quote I found was a personal reference.

FB