PDA

View Full Version : Best schools for integrated in UK

pilottobe12
1st May 2022, 13:02
Hi does anyone have any recommendations for integrated course in the UK? Im thinking CAE but wanting to know from either current or past student their experience with them? FTA is not an option as I've heard very bad things about them.

Alex Whittingham
2nd May 2022, 19:02
You say 'in the UK', but my choice for integrated would be FTE Jerez. Never hear a bad word about them. It might pay you to be careful about upfront payment schedules with flight schools, I'm not convinced the industry is out of the financial woods yet.

Beaker_
6th May 2022, 16:30
pilottobe12 I tried to drop you a PM, but it says your mailbox is full. It might be because you're a new member. I think you might not be able to receive them until you've made a certain number of forum posts.

pilottobe12
7th May 2022, 09:57
@Beaker_ I have been receiving the snails to say my inbox is full and I have tried to make enough posts to meet the minimum requirements but it still doesn’t seem to be working.

====================================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls. Sidestep the whole issue by providing your email address.

Beaker_
8th May 2022, 07:31
pilottobe12 I think you need to make 5 or 10 posts before you can use private messages.

pilottobe12
9th May 2022, 21:52
Beaker_ You should be able to message me now.

clarkeysntfc
12th May 2022, 14:44
Out of interest, what have you heard that is so bad about FTA?

JC_99
24th Oct 2023, 15:12
Same issue here, tried to DM

janrein
24th Oct 2023, 18:44
Out of interest, what have you heard that is so bad about FTA?
An adverse aspect about FTA is that they are no more.
Worse, with students unfinished owed money.

pilottobe12
24th Oct 2023, 19:50
Hi! Sorry haven’t used this in a while, I have absolutely no idea why you can’t private message, what did you want to know?

NaxshXD
25th Oct 2023, 15:50
Hi! Sorry haven’t used this in a while, I have absolutely no idea why you can’t private message, what did you want to know?
Hey
I wanted to know some good and affordable flight school in EU

SA14
25th Oct 2023, 17:28
I would say at the moment if you’re going to do it. It’s Skyborne, loads of cadets appearing for assessments at various airlines who haven’t even advertised for low hours. (DHL, EasyJet, Tui)

Leading edge also has a good rep but rumours of liquidity problems and the place being on the decline by current students.

Do not pay in large chunks, only pay what you feel comfortable with and ideally on a credit card. Too many schools going bust so protect your money.

Flyer124
26th Oct 2023, 07:22
What schools have gone bust or are rumoured to be close to? I didn't know it was such a issue currently...
What I'm understanding is that Skyborne and FTE Jerez seem 'relatively' safe?

Hats.On.To.Fly
26th Oct 2023, 07:47
Leading edge also has a good rep but rumours of liquidity problems and the place being on the decline by current students.

They seem to constantly be on this cycle, intake classes getting larger, then 6-8 months down the line they can't get the massive amounts of students through flight training and end up costing a lot to delay, hence need more students income to fix it. Not really a sustainable model.

But it's OK, those few students on the FI sponsored course will fix it (at the end of 2024)! Getting brand new freshly licenced pilots teaching an integrated course, what could go wrong (besides the legality of it).

parkfell
26th Oct 2023, 14:14
You say 'in the UK', but my choice for integrated would be FTE Jerez. Never hear a bad word about them. It might pay you to be careful about upfront payment schedules with flight schools, I'm not convinced the industry is out of the financial woods yet.

As has been pointed out previously, if the groundschool is completed prior to any flying, then that cost is in the region of £5000 + accommodation etc.
An escrow account is the gold standard to ensure that your money is protected until required for a phase of training. Otherwise your money is at risk with absolutely no protection should the ATO cease trading. CAVEAT EMPTOR. If not available, ask why.
Tayside went bust, and customers at FTA were actually been signed with a substantial discount in the week before they went bust.

For the UK schools, look at the annual historical accounts available through Company House website. DUE DILIGENCE as difficult as it may be is essential. If say a ATO is required to pay for fuel daily as oppose the normal credit terms, then danger bells must be ringing…

Be aware of smooooth talking Snake Oil Salesmen who will promise you the earth & that the ATO is as solid as they come.
Read any contract carefully & preferably by a solicitor. Never be afraid to walk away & go Modular for probably half the price.
Get the timing right & you will complete in the same time as integrated courses.
MCC/APS at Virtual Aviation Cambridge is a sound choice😉