PDA

View Full Version : Frequent Log Outs

cavuman1
28th Apr 2022, 14:59
The last month has brought the continuing annoyance of being logged out of the site after several minutes of inactivity or visiting an hyperlinked external site. I am often logged out while composing short messages like this one. Do any other members have this problem? I am running Firefox 99.0.1 on a Windows 10 laptop.

- Ed

Uplinker
28th Apr 2022, 15:50
Yes very often - don't know why - maybe too many Ads on the site or the ad blocker?

BTW if any folk don't know this;

if it says you are logged out when you try to submit your post, click the back arrow which takes you back to what you wrote. Then 'select all' and 'copy' your post before trying to log back in. That way if something goes wrong when you log in again, you have not lost all your work. Reload Pprune and log in again then click paste.

Asturias56
29th Apr 2022, 07:29
Thanks - it doesn't happen that often to me but its very annoying when it does.

bafanguy
29th Apr 2022, 14:22
Happens to me frequently but only on my laptop and not the desk top. Uplinker's tactic is spot on. My computer knowledge is so limited that I can't figure this out...so I just deal with it.

India Four Two
30th Apr 2022, 18:39
I’m with Uplinker.

It has happened to me often enough, that now when I am planning a longish post, I prepare it in a text editor and then paste it into PPRuNE. That has saved me a lot of grief.

cavuman1
1st May 2022, 16:04
I may have stumbled on a possible solution. Up until two days ago, I left the "Remember Me" box on the login page unchecked. (I run a subroutine called Cookie Auto Delete which nukes all cookies from a particular site when I leave it.) 48 hours ago I checked the box in question and have had no involuntary logouts. Perhaps the "Remember Me" box sets a persistent cookie when selected?

- Ed