PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Airshow Gold Coast 2023

AussieAviator
27th Apr 2022, 03:40
Does anyone by any chance know the dates in August for this airshow?
Pacific Airshow Gold Coast 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaW2buz1u7Y

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
27th Apr 2022, 11:29
Held out of where? Jacobs Well International?
Be interesting to see which foreign military display teams they can convince to travel halfway around the world for this. That's what the public will want to see. They don't come for Avalon etc. so if it's just the Roulettes and a couple of F-35's droning up and down the coast it won't last.

tossbag
27th Apr 2022, 22:52
Maybe they will get ****** to run it and freeze every other display team out?

PoppaJo
28th Apr 2022, 02:13
Sounds like a heck of a job trying to maintain ‘5 hour non stop flying displays’ alongside a commercial movement at OOL every 10 minutes. August isn’t crystal clear weather daily either.

Airservices at Avalon moved the flying displays around the Airline movements many years ago as it was causing headaches.

holdingagain
28th Apr 2022, 05:18
Thought I heard the actual display is overhead Surfers Paradise beach rather than at the airport

PoppaJo
28th Apr 2022, 08:40
Restricted Airspace would be at least 5nm radius from Surfers, Burleigh to Runaway Bay etc. Will impact all the arrival options somewhat.

Fliegenmong
5th May 2022, 09:47
I heard staging out of Amberley & OOL, don't know how they schedule it. I do remember being at an airshow at OOL maybe '82 or '83, at OOL though. Barry Hempels MIG displays were fun in the early 'Indy' years....

I volunteered at Opera Australia 'Opera on the Beach' a few years back. What I found was a lot of people who turned up, cared not for the Opera one bit...just to be seen..expect the same here!

I heard the Gloster Meteor 'Blue Note' many years ago at an RAAF show at Amberley....I suspect that if there were to be an appearance, 99% of the crowd would not understand what they were hearing....

PoppaJo
6th Mar 2023, 23:14
I was asking a few display teams at Avalon if they are going to this one, all said no. Black Eagles are tied up and the American performers are also scheduled elsewhere. All the promo material for this show has aircraft teams that are booked elsewhere. I’d probably be mindful booking before seeing a list.

Fliegenmong
7th Mar 2023, 08:05
August isn’t crystal clear weather daily either

But better generally always far far far better than Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar & Apr

Fliegenmong
7th Mar 2023, 08:06
But what would I know....

Gne
5th Jun 2023, 10:05
Any updates?

The website is not very informative... except to show a couple of seating areas as "sold out"!
Gne

TBM-Legend
5th Jun 2023, 11:14
I heard staging out of Amberley & OOL, don't know how they schedule it. I do remember being at an airshow at OOL maybe '82 or '83, at OOL though. Barry Hempels MIG displays were fun in the early 'Indy' years....

I volunteered at Opera Australia 'Opera on the Beach' a few years back. What I found was a lot of people who turned up, cared not for the Opera one bit...just to be seen..expect the same here!

I heard the Gloster Meteor 'Blue Note' many years ago at an RAAF show at Amberley....I suspect that if there were to be an appearance, 99% of the crowd would not understand what they were hearing....

air race at Coolangatta and over the water during the Indy car days

engine out
25th Jun 2023, 10:27
Less than two months out and only aircraft announced are Westpac Rescue Helicopters. Hardly inspires early ticket sales. Any rumours of things coming?

Kiwiconehead
25th Jun 2023, 21:10
Less than two months out and only aircraft announced are Westpac Rescue Helicopters. Hardly inspires early ticket sales. Any rumours of things coming?

USAF C-17 and C-5 according to their social media ................ woo hoo!

Wizofoz
25th Jun 2023, 21:49
If it's anything like the Watts Bridge event, they'll call Paul Bennet, and we'll get to see.... Paul Bennet...

(Edited due senior moment!!)

thunderbird five
26th Jun 2023, 05:09
Wayne Bennett - the Rugby Coach?
Yeah, no thanks.

Wizofoz
26th Jun 2023, 05:26
Wayne Bennett - the Rugby Coach?
Yeah, no thanks.
OOOOOPSSSSS- Though I WOULD pay to see Wayne flying a souped-up Pitts!!!!

26th Jun 2023, 05:37
Though I WOULD pay to see Wayne flying a souped-up Pitts!!!!
Do ya reckon Wayne would crack a smile while doing a 8 point roll?

runway16
26th Jun 2023, 14:12
Doing aeros over water is not my idea of fun. too much chance of loss of perception and ending up in the water. Hope all pilots are wearing LJs.
R

SilverSleuth
11th Aug 2023, 05:11
does anyone know if there is an actual list of performers / displays?
seems to be the worst advertised event I have ever seen.

PoppaJo
11th Aug 2023, 05:33
RAAF Roulettes [Pilatus PC-21 (x 6)]
- RAAF C-17 Globemaster III Flybys
- RAAF C-130J Super Hercules Flybys
- RAAF F/A-18F Super Hornet Demo
- USAF C-5 Galaxy Flybys
- USAF C-17 Globemaster III Flybys
- USAF F-16 Fighting Falcon Demo
- USAF KC-135 Stratotanker Demo
- USMC MV-22 Osprey Demo
- US Navy Leap Frogs Parachute Team
- Greg Colyer [T-33 Shooting Star]
- Jeff Boerboon [Yak-110]
- Matt Hall [MXS-R]
- Emma McDonald [Extra 300]
- Aarron Deliu [Extra 330]
- Jeremy Miller [Yak-55]
- Hayden Pullen [Extra 300]
- Red Star Roolettes [Nanchang CJ-6 (x 3) and Yak-52 (x 2)]
- AOPA Freedom To Fly RV Team [Vans RVs]
- SIAI-Marchetti S.211 (x 2)

Sup (https://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/current/sup/s23-h48.pdf)

Capt Fathom
11th Aug 2023, 05:38
According to yesterday's paper, the following will not be there:

USAF C-5 Galaxy
USAF F-16 Fighting Falcon Demo
US Navy Leap Frogs Parachute Team

Gne
11th Aug 2023, 07:40
Must be a few repeat appearances or a very short display day as the email advert says "No wait times here!
What's unique about our show is that there is no waiting around.
Once one display is over, the next will fly in to view straight away."

PoppaJo
11th Aug 2023, 08:21
According to yesterday's paper, the following will not be there:

USAF C-5 Galaxy
USAF F-16 Fighting Falcon Demo
US Navy Leap Frogs Parachute Team
Not great.

Pity South Korea’s Black eagles are not available. The last performance at Avalon was just unreal, including a few illegal passes lol.

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
11th Aug 2023, 08:28
The only reason I would have gone would be to have seen the Thunderbirds. If they aren't there, then watching RAAF freighters drone back and forth won't be much of a day. In the end, glad I didn't buy a ticket. As for the Roulettes, unfortunately, seen 'em once, seen 'em enough. I know they're good, but not in a jet just doesn't cut it anymore. They should be flying Hawks.

vee1-rotate
11th Aug 2023, 14:20
Not great.

Pity South Korea’s Black eagles are not available. The last performance at Avalon was just unreal, including a few illegal passes lol.

Do go on...

PoppaJo
12th Aug 2023, 02:58
Do go on...
Naughty low pass over the crowd lol. Was insane. They got told off for doing it apparently.

https://www.facebook.com/aviationphotodigest/videos/122167830653481/?app=fbl

Mr Mossberg
12th Aug 2023, 16:00
Naughty low pass over the crowd lol. Was insane. They got told off for doing it apparently.

​​​​​​​I heard it was accidental? But it wasn"t?

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
13th Aug 2023, 23:07
I mean the RAAF aren't even sending an F-35. Must have spent all their money playing at Talsiman Sabre.
What's unique about our show is that there is no waiting around.
There wouldn't want to be. There's nothing else to do. There's no flight line to wander around and look at. No ground displays etc.

Obba
18th Aug 2023, 08:24
Hi all,
I went today. I live in Arundel.
As it was a Friday, the website etc, states that it a rehearsal day and that the displays may not be the same.

Time pending, I'll post some photo's of the day in the morning. Not many, as my main interest was in seeing a V22 Osprey - in full flight, doing its prop rotation thing.
Lots of very highly qualified test pilots have died during the journey to its final fruition of what I saw today!

It was (to me), a privilege and honour, to see this 'seamlessly' easy flying aircraft doing its hovering, forwards, backwards, rotation etc, - no more than 300mtrs in front of me!
Was wonderful.

I only have a couple of photo's from the day. Maybe (if I can pop in a Onedrive link), a very brief (10 second), clip of the V22.

Gne
18th Aug 2023, 22:15
A great day one - all round. Small changes needed: turn the speaker volume down and give the US announcer's tonsils a rest for 50% of the time. Weather was OK but today dawns as a great day for viewing against a blue sky.

Wind seems to be an issue for most with the high rise causing turbulence in the display box but the professionals were handling it well yesterday.

RAAF Hornet was a great end point to the day.

Gne