PDA

View Full Version : Adjustment to monthly allowance and CEA

Posterizing
20th Apr 2022, 05:26
Is this really gonna change anyone's mind? Take 60k, give back 6k. Brilliant math I must say. Some ranks with no increase as well.

AQIS Boigu
20th Apr 2022, 05:28
Too little
Too late

Posterizing
20th Apr 2022, 05:31
probably made the decision to leave a lot easier for some people

dabz
20th Apr 2022, 08:39
4k to FOs, 3k to CAPTs.. bit like throwing crumbs on the table. It's an insult.

Note that's in HKD/month and the increase is to the pilot allowance, not pay. If it were pay the company would thus indirectly increase the retirement pay... aren't they clever...

Crew also don't get this money till the start of next year! The cheapskates...
Is this the replacement for the company taking away housing and 90% ESF schooling?

Because were all on POS18 any increase can be taken away with a simple amendment, an amendment nobody would know had happened..

The union should see this as a sign of weakness for the company and approach the company with a better plan to stop crew from leaving?.... hmmm

VforVENDETTA
20th Apr 2022, 08:39
Another overt display of how out of touch and incompetent cathay management is about what they're facing. Too little too late indeed. The momentum is well set and under way. It's not reversible except only temporarily by very large increases.

7-18% raise in housing and equally measly increase to children's education allowance won't even register. Hong Kong was again just yesterday declared the most expensive city in the world to live in. Anything short of a restoration to the previous terms will not have an effect on the momentum, even then only temporarily.

Temporarily because any and all increases can and will be unilaterally and with no due notice be taken away leaving you regrettung not taking that safer job back home when you could. You'd have to be desperate or mentally ill to stay any longer than you have to at a job working under no contract. This is what cathay caused for itself by cancelling long standing employment contracts and keeping pilots employed under unilaterally amendable company policy. An utter lack of credibility, permanently.

There are some cathay pilots who are able to find jobs elsewhere and are leaving for another job. These are the lucky ones. There are also cathay pilots who are simply collapsing and are not able to continue working. The number of pilots who are out on sick leave due to stress and all the nasty issues and disabilities it brings are thru the roof. They simply fade away thru disability or they call it early retirement. The best cathay can hope for is to prevent these pilots from collapsing out of the job. I'm guessing they've come up with these low increases for that reason.

Because the ones who can find a job elsewhere will not be swayed at all with these ridiculously small increases.

VforVENDETTA
20th Apr 2022, 08:45
4k to FOs, 3k to CAPTs.. it's an insult.

The union should see this as a sign of weakness for the company and approach the company with a better plan to stop crew from leaving?.... hmmm

There will be no stopping crew from leaving. The union has zero ability to affect that. The only ones staying working without a contract permanently are the despatate ones or the mentally ill. They won't leave anyway even without increases. On them cathay's extra money is a waste to spend, on the ones who can leave and are smart enough to do so when they have the first chance cathay's extra money in increases is a waste because they're leaving asap anyway.

Oasis
20th Apr 2022, 11:29
OMG I already sent my resignation, do you think I can still withdraw it now that they are throwing soooo much cash around?

Serious answers only pls.

Near Miss
20th Apr 2022, 13:04
OMG I already sent my resignation, do you think I can still withdraw it now that they are throwing soooo much cash allowed?

Serious answers only pls.

​​​​​​Just recall your email. 😁

HVY
20th Apr 2022, 14:38
I used to think they smoked weed up on the third floor. Now I know they smoke crack laced with LSD and Meth. Get out while you can!

propje
20th Apr 2022, 14:53
Is the increase for F/O 1 and F/O 2 ?

Andrew_W
20th Apr 2022, 14:59
Is the increase for F/O 1 and F/O 2 ?
FO2 and CN only

propje
20th Apr 2022, 15:47
All the new direct entry F/O’s will be p.. off. The CX special

Klimax
20th Apr 2022, 18:36
I didn´t realize that CX was still around. Holy smoke. Good luck out there chaps. Last man turn of the lights.

Cury Lamb
20th Apr 2022, 19:31
And then there’s 16% tax payable on top of that, absolute insult! They can donate my 3k to the Sunny Side club instead.

Oasis
20th Apr 2022, 22:44
FO2 and CN only
An that's because getting an SO is easy, apparently. The quality can be compromised, but it won't matter in the short term.
Keeping a good FO or Captain is more important, due to the fact that they are at the heart of a safe flight.

Hence only extra money for Captain and FO, it is very calculated.

The same with the education allowance; The SO with kids will get a little extra as he or she will likely be somewhat older and come with previous experience, hence a good investment to keep.

The thing they probably missed is that life at CX is such hell at the moment, that 3K here or there is not going to move the needle one bit.

There are actually many 'free' things they could do, to make life easier under these trying times, but they don't seem to be interested in working with us at all. Only throw a few coins our way.

Oasis
20th Apr 2022, 22:51
All the new direct entry F/O’s will be p.. off. The CX special
They should feel lucky to have a job, they let go a boatload of our own SO's to let the ex-dragon in.

backspace
20th Apr 2022, 23:36
They should feel lucky to have a job, they let go a boatload of our own SO's to let the ex-dragon in.

Oasis, not to mention all the very senior Captains and FOs on bases.

4 driver
22nd Apr 2022, 15:51
How does SCMP come up with 93K usd? Looks good on paper, but maybe the should explain what was already taken away.....

Dilbert68
22nd Apr 2022, 19:38
Take away 68k and give back 36k and call it a raise??? Journalism at its finest.

VforVENDETTA
23rd Apr 2022, 04:05
The article is ridiculously inaccurate. 93,000 raise? It doesn't add up anywhere near that number. SCMP as usual ha shown how ignorant and incompetent their journalists are.

Where's the AOA press release calling it BS? If you cant even run a public relation campaign against the company, shut it down already. How incompetent can the AOA be?

propje
23rd Apr 2022, 22:26
Why don’t you send a letter to SCMP?

Rie
24th Apr 2022, 03:34
Why don’t you send a letter to SCMP?
Better sending it to Bloomberg. Danny is there now.

Sam Ting Wong
24th Apr 2022, 03:54
Imagine there would be a change in renumeration for dishwashers at Tsui Wah Fast Food outlets.

How much would you care about that?

That amount is roughly equivalent to what anybody out there cares about our packages.

dabz
24th Apr 2022, 04:51
Imagine there would be a change in renumeration for dishwashers at Tsui Wah Fast Food outlets.

How much would you care about that?

That amount is roughly equivalent to what anybody out there cares about our packages.

Silence from the Union too, guess they don't care either..
Not like they could do anything anyways.

The union would rather fight amongst themselves than fight for a better future for all.

controlledrest
1st May 2022, 01:47
POS18 has nothing to do with what other airlines pay or what it costs to live in HKG. It is entirely about total control over the work force and about paying the minimum to crew a flight. The recent adjustment is a calculated amount to tweak attrition to a level acceptable to their models for pilot recruitment, training and termination.

Everyone knows we are loosing too many pilots, but we will never have a shortage, we will just not activate air frames we can't operate.