PDA

View Full Version : Best HEADSET for doors off MD500...??

shimmersky
16th Apr 2022, 05:19
OK lads lets hear it..??
David Clark with CEP or Bose A20. or Lightspeed or what..??

havick
16th Apr 2022, 07:45
Doors off, wear a helmet.

Failing that, don’t get anything with ANR for doors off. CEP is better for that purpose.

Doors Off
16th Apr 2022, 15:09
Doors off, wear a helmet.

Failing that, don’t get anything with ANR for doors off. CEP is better for that purpose.

As above, Wear a helmet. CEP way better than ANR. CEP won’t rob you of early emergency warning like ANR does.

Robbiee
16th Apr 2022, 15:51
OK lads lets hear it..??
David Clark with CEP or Bose A20. or Lightspeed or what..??

Doors off in the R22 my Zulu makes a popping noise whenever the wind hits it from a certain angle. Its not annoying enough for me to switch back to my old passive DC though.

Aluminium Mallard
17th Apr 2022, 00:36
Doors off in the R22 my Zulu makes a popping noise whenever the wind hits it from a certain angle. Its not annoying enough for me to switch back to my old passive DC though.
If you press the cups onto your ears, does it go away? I recently bent the metal to get more pressure on the ears and it stopped my zulu3 from doing that.

Evil Twin
17th Apr 2022, 02:35
As above, Wear a helmet. CEP way better than ANR. CEP won’t rob you of early emergency warning like ANR does.

Seconded the above. CEP far superior

Robbiee
17th Apr 2022, 02:42
If you press the cups onto your ears, does it go away? I recently bent the metal to get more pressure on the ears and it stopped my zulu3 from doing that.

Haven't tried that. Honestly it really doesn't happen enough for me to need to find a way to stop it.

Twist & Shout
17th Apr 2022, 22:09

This helps (pressing the cups in) on my wireless Lightspeeds, which seem very susceptible to the pressure popping (Doors on ME IFR)

The wireless feature offers more advantages than I imagined it would. I’d be loathe to go back, but I want to return to a helmet.
I was going to get a Bose headset retro fitted into an Alpha Eagle, (Big $$$). Hoping Bose brings out a wireless headset, with similar sized ear pods….

casper64
18th Apr 2022, 16:42
Simply ALWAYS wear a helmet (with visor down) when flying helicopters…. I have both the Lightspeed Zulu mod in an LH250 and Bose in an Alpha Eagle. Prefer the Lightspeed slightly over the Bose. But both work good in a properly fitted helmet.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/632x520/f3f8bcf5_ca29_4deb_8a6a_81b4c2b76b2a_8f432e73dd7d04c0aefdab5 b5ee68ca719248d1f.jpeg