PDA

View Full Version : CE500

mogga04
12th Apr 2022, 05:33
hello there,

Looking for a type rating on a c560. I am in Australia but able to travel where ever for it.

I was going to do one in America except they require the M1 visa and I am having difficulties getting an interview for it at the US consulate.

Looking for suggestions on flexible operator that I can use to get a type rating that casa Australia recognise at short notice that is not in America.

redsnail
12th Apr 2022, 09:58
Are you looking for a simulator supported type rating or one done in an aircraft?
If it's a simulator, try FlightSafety in Farnborough (https://www.flightsafety.com/course-search/?centerId=1452).

mogga04
13th Apr 2022, 01:33
i have tried them for information but they do not have a ultra or encore sim :( waiting to hear back from them. thankyou!

what next
13th Apr 2022, 08:42
i have tried them for information but they do not have a ultra or encore sim :( waiting to hear back from them. thankyou!

I am just now flying with a new colleague on our C560 who recently got his typearting from FS in Farnborough. The simulator training is done on a Bravo (C550) simulator and includes differences training for the Ultra/Encore. On your license they will put "C500/550/560" in any case.

23rd Apr 2022, 16:56
I am just now flying with a new colleague on our C560 who recently got his typearting from FS in Farnborough. The simulator training is done on a Bravo (C550) simulator and includes differences training for the Ultra/Encore. On your license they will put "C500/550/560" in any case.
My experience with Flight Safety (one initial, and one renewal).
Terrible admin. I had to beg for a quote, to beg for a slot, to beg for one missing paperwork. I received unpleasant emails about unpaid bills that I had never received in the first place. ( I always paid my bills the very day I received them).
Excellent facilities, excellent instructors, very good Pilot Training Manuals. It was a pleasure to learn and progress in that environment.