PDA

View Full Version : PICUS approval Ryanair

MHF
6th Apr 2022, 08:55
Hello,

I used to work in RYR some years ago, (working elsewhere now), and got my PICUS hours there. I might need an ATPL in a short while, and the authorities in my country might need a paper showing that Ryanair is approved for a PICUS program or something like that. I have ofcourse lost all the email addresses to the training department, and was wondering if anyone have an email to someone/thing in the training department in RYR, or possibly even have the paper that RYR has an approved PICUS program. Might say so in OM-D, but I dont hae access to that.

Best regards

plikee
9th Apr 2022, 23:16
Hello,

I used to work in RYR some years ago, (working elsewhere now), and got my PICUS hours there. I might need an ATPL in a short while, and the authorities in my country might need a paper showing that Ryanair is approved for a PICUS program or something like that. I have ofcourse lost all the email addresses to the training department, and was wondering if anyone have an email to someone/thing in the training department in RYR, or possibly even have the paper that RYR has an approved PICUS program. Might say so in OM-D, but I dont hae access to that.

Best regards

https://www.iaa.ie/personnel-licensing/maintenance-engineer---amel-licensing/plams/docs/default-source/publications/advisory-memoranda/personnel-licensing-advisory-memoranda-(plam)/recording-of-flight-time-and-formatting-acceptable-to-the-irish-aviation-authority

Download the file (PLAM24). Page number 2. Ryanair doesn't have such program, PICUS time is described on AMC1 FCL.050 . If the country you are converting to recognises EASA, then you don't need anything.

Cak
10th Apr 2022, 19:19
https://www.iaa.ie/personnel-licensing/maintenance-engineer---amel-licensing/plams/docs/default-source/publications/advisory-memoranda/personnel-licensing-advisory-memoranda-(plam)/recording-of-flight-time-and-formatting-acceptable-to-the-irish-aviation-authority

Download the file (PLAM24). Page number 2. Ryanair doesn't have such program, PICUS time is described on AMC1 FCL.050 . If the country you are converting to recognises EASA, then you don't need anything.

Well, actually that is not quite true. Read that PLAM all the way (page 3) and/or AMC1 FCL.050 (b) (5). Method of logging PICUS hours (supervision) must be acceptable to the authority, which means that there must be some procedure. Most of EASA CAAs require that companies have that procedure implemented through their manuals (mostly in OM-D)