PDA

View Full Version : Fly Dubai

Elghammrawy
4th Apr 2022, 23:03
Hello guys I am new here, I am a pilot from Egypt I have an FAA CPL, i am applying for fly dubai, they sent me the program details which they said the prices should be confidential but anyway, they said that I will have to come to Dubai to get an assessment for the second officer program, I dont have a type rating so they said that if I were to pass the assessment I would get a type rating at CAE which I will pay for the whole of the training, with no guarantee that if I pass I will work there, so I have zero jet hours, and I have no type rating, so I think that if I were to be hired after the type rating it would be a good deal but with no guarantee is it worth the risk, or is it just something they say to not be held liable but they actually hire all who pass?

737a
5th Apr 2022, 19:09
Hello guys I am new here, I am a pilot from Egypt I have an FAA CPL, i am applying for fly dubai, they sent me the program details which they said the prices should be confidential but anyway, they said that I will have to come to Dubai to get an assessment for the second officer program, I dont have a type rating so they said that if I were to pass the assessment I would get a type rating at CAE which I will pay for the whole of the training, with no guarantee that if I pass I will work there, so I have zero jet hours, and I have no type rating, so I think that if I were to be hired after the type rating it would be a good deal but with no guarantee is it worth the risk, or is it just something they say to not be held liable but they actually hire all who pass?

Go for it mate, since you will not have other chances because the market is seriously packed with pilots who have thousands of hours under their belt and years of experience. Good luck getting hired. :)

Elghammrawy
5th Apr 2022, 20:37
Go for it mate, since you will not have other chances since the market is packed with pilots who have thousands of hours under their belt and years of experience. Good luck getting hired

Damn man that quite depressing anyway I am preparing the required documents I just needed any insight on the whole situation, dont want to spend a lot of money on a type rating and dont get hired in the end.

Desertboki
6th Apr 2022, 12:13

flydubais new ambition is to recruit lots and lots of paying cadets. They are cheap labour that don’t earn flight pay have reduced salaries and are heavily bonded for 5 years. The bond is non reducing for 5 years which means you will owe the full amount if you leave before this. With more cadets there will be more completion for places. Not all will get jobs.

Elghammrawy
6th Apr 2022, 17:46
So what do you propose?

fzuk
12th Apr 2022, 17:09
Don’t apply it’s not fun to work for flydubai
you will hate flying because of flydubai

shakesk
31st May 2022, 09:22
Has anyone been through the second officer program recently? If so, what was the process for license conversion from EASA or FAA once the type rating was complete?

High Energy
8th Jun 2022, 09:42
flydubais new ambition is to recruit lots and lots of paying cadets. They are cheap labour that don’t earn flight pay have reduced salaries and are heavily bonded for 5 years. The bond is non reducing for 5 years which means you will owe the full amount if you leave before this. With more cadets there will be more completion for places. Not all will get jobs.

Currently that is factually not correct.

fzuk Why'd you say that? Personally think it's a great gig. Dare to say it's the best in the ME at the moment. But that's based on personal preferences.

Spongeboeing
8th Jun 2022, 09:54
Don’t apply it’s not fun to work for flydubai
you will hate flying because of flydubai
That's not good advice for a non-type rated pilot nowadays. Yes, many types of operation will make you hate your pilot job but they will be a step towards gathering the experience required to end up in a type of operation and with a conditions package that will make you feel the rewards of being a pilot.

Go for it. In 5 years you'll have some 3500 hours and possibly command or close to, and your market options will increase.

Desertboki
8th Jun 2022, 10:12
Currently that is factually not correct.

fzuk Why'd you say that? Personally think it's a great gig. Dare to say it's the best in the ME at the moment. But that's based on personal preferences.

Please provide what is not correct? 5 year non reducing bond or the no flight pay provide.Do flydubai guarantee employment after buying the type rating ?

Desertboki
8th Jun 2022, 10:23
That's not good advice for a non-type rated pilot nowadays. Yes, many types of operation will make you hate your pilot job but they will be a step towards gathering the experience required to end up in a type of operation and with a conditions package that will make you feel the rewards of being a pilot.

Go for it. In 5 years you'll have some 3500 hours and possibly command or close to, and your market options will increase.

So use flydubai as a stepping stone to further your career somewhere else. It’s not a career airline. Where are these conditions and packages that make you feel rewarded ?

Spongeboeing
8th Jun 2022, 10:47
So use flydubai as a stepping stone to further your career somewhere else. It’s not a career airline. Where are these conditions and packages that make you feel rewarded ?
Depending on your age and where home is, a good goal could be to end up in a legacy career back home. Let's not forget so quickly how huge the barrier was to transition from 250h prop to a jet job. Sometimes a pilot's gotta do what a pilot's gotta do. The earlier the better.

Johndoe906
8th Jun 2022, 15:34
Go for it mate, since you will not have other chances because the market is seriously packed with pilots who have thousands of hours under their belt and years of experience. Good luck getting hired. :)

I second this. 👍

Desertboki
9th Jun 2022, 13:38
I second this. 👍

I guess it’s very attractive after working for Lion Air.

Johndoe906
9th Jun 2022, 15:18
I guess it’s very attractive after working for Lion Air.

Who works for lion air? :cool:

rookiepilot2022
13th Jun 2022, 01:27
Damn man that quite depressing anyway I am preparing the required documents I just needed any insight on the whole situation, dont want to spend a lot of money on a type rating and dont get hired in the end.

Hi Elghammrawy,
have you had any contact with the recruitment team ?
have you already applied ?

Desertboki
13th Jun 2022, 11:31
Hi Elghammrawy,
have you had any contact with the recruitment team ?
have you already applied ?

My best advice is to contact any or the foreign cadets that have completed the program before signing anything.

rookiepilot2022
14th Jun 2022, 01:08
My best advice is to contact any or the foreign cadets that have completed the program before signing anything.

that sounds like a good plan.
I'll see if I can find a cadet in this forum to ask about the program

High Energy
14th Jun 2022, 18:35
Please provide what is not correct? 5 year non reducing bond or the no flight pay provide.Do flydubai guarantee employment after buying the type rating ?

That is correct and in my eyes not an issue. What was factually not correct is when you said "new ambition is to recruit lots and lots of paying cadets." They don't, have not and most likely will not. Cadet nbrs are a drop in the ocean compared to the rest if you ask me.

Desertboki
18th Jun 2022, 10:13
That is correct and in my eyes not an issue. What was factually not correct is when you said "new ambition is to recruit lots and lots of paying cadets." They don't, have not and most likely will not. Cadet nbrs are a drop in the ocean compared to the rest if you ask me.

Then your eyes are closed if you think a potential cadet will not look at the contract before signing. Please only post facts and not misinformation. Here is the contract.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1500x2000/3e3edcb6_7485_4e09_bc5e_cb493ac25419_26e2377081b29c5b159e5bf 01441b29f0ea984cb.png

de fumo in flammam
18th Jun 2022, 12:48
Sorry to butt in, but is that same non reducing bond also applied to type rated Captain recruits?

Bravo777
21st Jun 2022, 06:16
please keep me updated on this issue, I am also interested in Joining did you find any luck with them??

Khaledswilam
23rd Feb 2024, 18:58
Hi guys anyone managed to do the assessment recently