PDA

View Full Version : Condor - new livery design

jmdavies86
4th Apr 2022, 11:35
Well, it's certainly different and eye-catching...

https://aeronewsglobal.com/video-condor-unveils-new-livery-and-brand-identity/

https://www.planespotters.net/photo/1261659/f-wwcs-condor-airbus-a330-941

A330ETOPS
4th Apr 2022, 11:38
Got to be an April fools!

jmdavies86
4th Apr 2022, 11:42
Got to be an April fools!

I thought so too, but according to the details and photo in the links above, it actually looks genuine...

Less Hair
4th Apr 2022, 11:46
Their first aircraft is already painted.

MKY661
4th Apr 2022, 11:55
Two already painted, A330neo and A321

Couldn't stop laughing this morning, but I like it, it's certainly unique!

SotonFlightpath
4th Apr 2022, 12:10
It reminds me of Court Line back in the very early 1970s. They had a small fleet of BAC 1-11s, with a consistent pattern to the livery, but with each aircraft in a different colour. I remember, green, yellow and even pink!

firstchoice7e7
4th Apr 2022, 12:15
i intially looked at it in horror, but its quickly grown on me and i love it!

DaveReidUK
4th Apr 2022, 13:56
Presumably the new livery will help Condor to run rings around the competition ...

BACsuperVC10
4th Apr 2022, 14:02
Not keen tbh

ATNotts
4th Apr 2022, 14:05
I don't know what to say!!

German carriers, and German businesses in general aren't know for their flamboyance where corporate image are concerned. I can't think of a German airline previously having pushed the boat out with such a bold livery. I just wonder if the (fairly conservative) German population will warm to something so off the wall. It screams tacky, rather than quality, as did Court Line's multi coloured 1-11s and TriStars back in the 1970s.

Never mind, it could have been worse, they could have done a total rebranding and called themselves "Cndr" - Aberdeen Standard Life thought that removing all bar one of the vowels from their corporate identity was a good idea!!

reac
4th Apr 2022, 14:09
Glad to see they are still spending the money stolen from Thomas Cook UK wisely. Pity they could have paid the UK staff the wages owed for Sept 2019, instead they want to paint their aircraft in stupid colours.

Sotonsean
4th Apr 2022, 14:11
Condor - new livery design

I was at Hamburg Airport last Thursday with my 85yo father. Being both plane enthusiastics we spent a couple of hours watching the aircraft movements. My father actually pointed out how nice the Condor livery was. I can't wait to show him the ridiculous "new" livery and hear his comments.

ATNotts
4th Apr 2022, 14:28
Glad to see they are still spending the money stolen from Thomas Cook UK wisely. Pity they could have paid the UK staff the wages owed for Sept 2019, instead they want to paint their aircraft in stupid colours.

In what way did Condor "steal" money from TCUK? The house of cards collapsed, and so far as I can recall Condor survived because the German government was anxious that it did and gave it the kind of support that TCUK could only dreamt of receiving.

Alpine Flyer
4th Apr 2022, 15:01
Not flattering to the aircraft but at least only half eurowhite....the umbrella theme reference seems a bit far-fetched, these days umbrellas are probably more likely to carry some kind of advertising.

SimonPaddo
4th Apr 2022, 15:27
I don't know what to say!!

German carriers, and German businesses in general aren't know for their flamboyance where corporate image are concerned. I can't think of a German airline previously having pushed the boat out with such a bold livery. I just wonder if the (fairly conservative) German population will warm to something so off the wall. It screams tacky, rather than quality, as did Court Line's multi coloured 1-11s and TriStars back in the 1970s.

Never mind, it could have been worse, they could have done a total rebranding and called themselves "Cndr" - Aberdeen Standard Life thought that removing all bar one of the vowels from their corporate identity was a good idea!!
LTU were fairly distinctive back in the day

YRP
4th Apr 2022, 17:15
Presumably the new livery will help Condor to run rings around the competition ...

All right, where is the report button!

BEA 71
4th Apr 2022, 17:31
Like many other people I thought it was a April fool. The new livery is laughable. Childish. I always liked Condor, my first flight
was 60 years ago, on a Viscount 814, then the most modern aircraft on the market. My last trip was on a B 757 two years ago,
still a true Condor service. People in this country have always liked Condor for their decency, nothing fancy, the visual nearness
to the national carrier. I am very disappointed.

CabinCrewe
4th Apr 2022, 17:37
cock-a-hoop! i dislike it. Cluttered and childish. No obvious link with their theme of sand sea and sun..

Tango and Cash
4th Apr 2022, 17:38
Oh my...

Well, this should keep the "worst livery" discussions going for a few more years. It's certainly a candidate for the top (or bottom, depending on how you judge such things) spot.

ATNotts
4th Apr 2022, 17:42
Like many other people I thought it was a April fool. The new livery is laughable. Childish. I always liked Condor, my first flight
was 60 years ago, on a Viscount 814, then the most modern aircraft on the market. My last trip was on a B 757 two years ago,
still a true Condor service. People in this country have always liked Condor for their decency, nothing fancy, the visual nearness
to the national carrier. I am very disappointed.
Yours is pretty well the reaction that I would expect from many German people. Also how I feel about it, but I feel sure some marketing agency thinks it is brilliant. I wonder if they are based in London?

nomilk
4th Apr 2022, 17:47
People in this country have always liked Condor for their decency, nothing fancy, the visual nearness
to the national carrier. I am very disappointed.My first flights were also with Condor in the 70s as a child, 747s to the US. I had to fly Condor to Cyprus several times around 2014-17 maybe, and I hope nobody ever thought of any nearness to Lufthansa. Unless of course, a very dirty cabin, absolutely disgusting toilets and careless crew are a sign of decency.

I guess one could say the only way is up for Condor.

BEA 71
4th Apr 2022, 17:49
Yours is pretty well the reaction that I would expect from many German people. Also how I feel about it, but I feel sure some marketing agency thinks it is brilliant. I wonder if they are based in London?

The agency is not based in London. Even worse - it is based in Berlin.

ATNotts
4th Apr 2022, 17:51
The agency is not based in London. Even worse - it is based in Berlin.
Astonishing!

OzzyOzBorn
4th Apr 2022, 17:54
I actually love it. Huge thumbs-up. Air Columbus reborn! And Condor has long been a fun airline, as their hilarious celebrity-lookalike safety videos testify. Check them out at that well-known video site Yew-Choob (my spelling will improve).

Interesting that we have seen two airlines adopt new liveries which give a unique look to each individual aircraft in recent weeks. Icelandair aircraft each feature a different coloured flash up the tailfin; now this with Condor.

I hope this is the new way to go for livery redesigns. RIP boring Eurowhite!

VickersVicount
4th Apr 2022, 18:46
Like the Thomas Cook branding ‘uproar’ I give this livery 2 years at most before a further ‘refresh’ This idea of unique colours for each aircraft never lasts
Perhaps some marks however for not being Eurowhite. My eyes are still hurting, lets hope inside better (could be worse could be Transavia cabin!)

pamann
4th Apr 2022, 19:47
My first thoughts were - WTAF!?

Its grown on me however.

The whole point in a brand refresh is to get people talking… And it’s certainly achieved that.

Like others have said, at least it’s not another bland euro-white livery.

Flightrider
4th Apr 2022, 19:55
Probably one of the most memorably awful designs to grace the skies for some time. The Icelandair one with different colour flashes is, I think, quite classy and has direct relevance to the natural colours encountered in their home country. As for this? It's awful and the only redeeming feature is that it has at least started a conversation.

davidjohnson6
4th Apr 2022, 19:58
For all the talk of branding... it seems like somebody has forgotten a major point

THE GO FASTER STRIPES ARE POINTING THE WRONG WAY. IT WILL MAKE THE PLANE CRASH TO THE GROUND !

DC3 Dave
4th Apr 2022, 20:21
For all the talk of branding... it seems like somebody has forgotten a major point

THE GO FASTER STRIPES ARE POINTING THE WRONG WAY. IT WILL MAKE THE PLANE CRASH TO THE GROUND !

I don’t know about that but those stripes starting at the nose winding along the body and fanning out at the tail would have been so much more palatable. Different aircraft, different colour, no problem for me.

c52
4th Apr 2022, 20:58
Lufthansa once proposed an almost all-yellow scheme.and painted a 737 to get people's reactions.

People's reactions were entirely predictable.

nnc0
4th Apr 2022, 22:36
It makes them look fat..

Hopefully the uniforms are unchanged

Anilv
5th Apr 2022, 03:05
I worked for DLH back in the 90s...I always liked Condor as they were the 'lighter' side of the group and was a nice contrast to the sombre professionalism of LH...not only in livery but also in the crew atmosphere and that translated into a better flight experience.

The person/s who approved this livery should be shot.

Anilv

Chronic Snoozer
5th Apr 2022, 03:40
Obviously conceived by a Glasgow based marketing firm who are football fans.

wondering
5th Apr 2022, 03:59
Was it designed by a prison inmate?

Richard Taylor
5th Apr 2022, 06:15
But will the pax still be first to the beaches? :}

gcal
5th Apr 2022, 07:52
It reminds me of Court Line back in the very early 1970s. They had a small fleet of BAC 1-11s, with a consistent pattern to the livery, but with each aircraft in a different colour. I remember, green, yellow and even pink!

About 20 I believe and a couple of L1011's

Asturias56
5th Apr 2022, 08:05
Braniff were the same................

ETOPS
5th Apr 2022, 08:25
Hang on! We've got this all wrong :=

This is a green aircraft with white stripes painted over it :p

TLDNMCL
5th Apr 2022, 08:59
Look like packets of unwrapped fruit Polos.

BEA 71
5th Apr 2022, 09:19
But will the pax still be first to the beaches? :}

Yes, as a part of the campaign, passengers will be given striped towels. Green for Comfort Class and Red for those in the back.

Stormonttrooper
5th Apr 2022, 10:08
So it can't be used for a Glasgow rangers charter then ?

capricorn23
5th Apr 2022, 11:16
Was it designed by a prison inmate?
🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍... the right question to make...

pax britanica
5th Apr 2022, 15:26
As has already been pointed out in terms of the location of the design agency and the less than typically Germanic approach . One word sums it up BERLIN . if theres a different way to do things they will do it, the only surprise to me is that the Berlin people didnt want to paint the entire aircraft black to mirror the fashion tastes of the ladies of that great city.

From a marketing perspective it is certainly different and it has made people talk and they are both positives. Do the stripes go all the way around

Nice to have a small diversion from some of the sadly far more serious events around.

MAN777
5th Apr 2022, 20:12
Plastic wraps are all the rage on trains and motor vehicles, just out of interest is anyone wrapping aircraft ?

WHBM
6th Apr 2022, 07:19
The Court Line 1970s scheme was very well done, right across the organisation, with progressive shades/hues of the individual colour down the aircraft, and also across the rest of the organisation - flight attendant uniforms were in the same style, the motor transport fleet, etc.

Said to be based in turn on the 1960s Braniff scheme, but that I always felt was boring in comparison, just a single matt aircraft colour all over.

At Court there was a fourth colour, violet, introduced after the first three.

There was an amusing Court Line story of an initial meeting at the BAC One-Eleven factory at Hurn, between the design team and the BAC paint shop foreman. On one side were the bearded designers, driven down from London in a rainbow-painted Mini, and came in with Afghan coats which were stylish for some at the time. Across the table was the good old long-serving foreman, in workshop brown coat, and likely ex-RAF from 25 years before. Mediating were the BAC sales team in suits in the middle, and Court Line management. Despite the cultural clash, the paint shop did a tremendous stylish job on the aircraft.

Unfortunately stylish is not a word I can use about the Condor scheme.

tartare
7th Apr 2022, 01:40
Germans will be first up, and throw their towels over each jet to reserve them for the rest of the day!

Buster the Bear
7th Apr 2022, 13:37
New callsign 'DECKCHAIR'?