PDA

View Full Version : United Irish Airlines

Mooncrest
2nd Apr 2022, 19:07
Browsing through my 1973 copy of Hamlyn World Airline Insignia, I came across this company which I'd not heard of before. The entry says very little of substance, nothing more than using leased aircraft (no source) on transatlantic charters and inclusive tour flights. It sounds like little more than a glorified ticket agency, a virtual airline as it were. Does anybody else know anything about the company ?

Thankyou.

treadigraph
2nd Apr 2022, 20:20
Browsing through my 1973 copy of Hamlyn World Airline Insignia

Cracking book, when I was young I had a copy which was well thumbed and eventually disintegrated - and somehow have acquired two copies in recent years; no idea how that happened! Love browsing though it every now and then. I'm afraid I would find a modern equivalent rather boring!

Asturias56
3rd Apr 2022, 07:44
Absolutely nuffin' in Wiki - not even in the "defunct" list - which has some real blasts from the past!

Mooncrest
3rd Apr 2022, 07:53
I too haven't been able to find any information. The book gives a postal address but nothing else. Must have been a fleeting existence.

Liffy 1M
3rd Apr 2022, 10:18
Have never heard of it in Ireland. The name alone would have a political dimension as well.

Mooncrest
3rd Apr 2022, 11:14
Have never heard of it in Ireland. The name alone would have a political dimension as well.
I thought about the political angle too. Either deliberately provocative or plain thoughtless.