PDA

View Full Version : Twin Piston or King Air Pos

DXLR8R
25th Aug 2002, 10:32
Hi All

What do you think the chances of a 2500 hr on DHC2 and DHC3Turbine pilot from down unders' chances are af landing a CPL/IF Job in Europe ?????

Have the Passport .... but need to sus it out before parting with my well earned Fiji Dollars .. and doing the conversion.

Thanks

DXLR8R

redsnail
25th Aug 2002, 10:57
It's a tough one mate. It's pretty expensive. I don't know the full break down of your hours however the IR component has changed. Before you had to do the whole thing again now it is only have to do a min of 15 hours. See the CAA SRG website for more info.
Your hours aren't bad but it isn't 1998 any more when just about any one with a few hours got a job. I would advise a holiday here and scope out the scene yourself. It helps if you like the place you are going to move to.
If you want more info, check out my

summary (http://www.mccannhj.flyer.co.uk/flying.htm) but remember the IR bit has changed.

DXLR8R
26th Aug 2002, 11:40
Thanks Snail

Yeah it the new me in Fiji ....

Lived in the UK for 5 years .... and love it ... but i dont think i can party like i used too ...... but is there work going? say i rock up and do the rounds will i get work to pay the bills and feed the kid?? ....... Cant afford a holiday too ... if i come over its for good ....

PS Snail are you working yet ???

Later

D

redsnail
26th Aug 2002, 15:04
Again, it's a hard one because I don't know your full circumstances. ie how much money you need to live on and so forth. I am currently working part time doing night ops for a small night freight company. They are pretty busy so I should start flying sooner than later.
As you know, the UK is exy and I personally would hate to have to feed someone else as well.
Why don't you do the ATPL's distance learning? (if you haven't done them already?) That limits your exposure to unemployment. You ought to be able to knock them off in around 12 months or so and the market should be much better. :)

Pilot Pete
27th Aug 2002, 01:46
The current market is not good here in the UK. There are heavy jet pilots still being laid off (I speak from personal experience) but as ever there is a small turn over in the job market. As Red points out it is difficult to offer definative advice, but just bear in mind that many pilots with 2500hrs are still looking for their first break. If you have 1000+ jet then you will be in a better position, but don't flog everything to come here just yet....................

PP

DXLR8R
3rd Jul 2003, 17:17
SO WHAT ABOUT NOW ??? SHOULD I VENTURE TO THE MOTHERLAND. IS IT ANY BETTER ?