PDA

View Full Version : Takeoff from Helsinki-Malmi airport (EFHF)

headwind
12th Mar 2001, 23:58
All PPL Dudes & Gals,

Check out this cool video clip my friend made, taking off on a C172 with Top Gun blasting (turn on your speakers!). It's a .zip file that extracts to an .exe file (and this ain't a virus spread) and you can then run it as such. Visit http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikaho/ -> right on the top of the page

enjoy,
-Headwind

JJflyer
13th Mar 2001, 01:56
Siita on jonninverran aikaa kun mun on viimeksi tullut Malmilta lennettya... Nopeasti muistu mieen maalinlaskut ja muut.
A2 on vaihtunut jenkkilan ATP kirjoihin ja jos jonkinmoisiin banaanivaltion lupakirjoihin.

This clip brought some memories as I did most of the flying for my PVT in 1992 from this airport... Sadly politicians are trying to close this wonderful airport with filled with history and build apartment buildings on it. This is the busiest GA airport in the whole country and at one point had the highest number of operations a year, thus the busiest airport in the country.

It is sad to see all the anti General Aviation feelings to take over reason... Where do politicians think we are going to get next generation of pilots... Especially as getting a JAA licence is expecive and training in US is not advisable due to the difficulty of converting or getting credit for training there.

JJ