View Full Version : Atlas Air

Batwhacker
31st Mar 2022, 14:52
What’s it really like working for Atlas under the new conditions?

bafanguy
31st Mar 2022, 22:48
Start your reading here:

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/atlas-polar/

Batwhacker
31st Mar 2022, 22:55
Thank you bafanguy

Skepilot
14th Apr 2022, 03:27
It must be pretty bad for them to be losing 500 pilots a year out of a total pilot group of only 2600.

gideva69
18th Apr 2022, 12:43
Hi there,

trying to get some infos about how is to work for World Atlas and which is the pay for a new hired F/O. I am getting my green card soon and one of the options I am considering at the moment is World Atlas on the 74 or 77 since they offer commuting contract and I have a family that should stay in Spain while I am flying.
Any advice is more than welcome

Climb150
18th Apr 2022, 23:30
Hi there,

trying to get some infos about how is to work for World Atlas and which is the pay for a new hired F/O. I am getting my green card soon and one of the options I am considering at the moment is World Atlas on the 74 or 77 since they offer commuting contract and I have a family that should stay in Spain while I am flying.

Atlas do not have a commuting contract. They will fly you from within the USA to your base (ORD, LAX etc) the day before your schedule starts and home the day after your schedule ends.

propilotifr
29th Apr 2022, 22:38
try airlinepilotcentral.com ,it has info for most carriers

propilotifr
29th Apr 2022, 22:40
now they do , it is called Global ,pay for business class for trips longer than 4 .5 hrs

vennnz
13th May 2022, 20:14
i wish they'd sponsor visas not just for australians.

SilverSleuth
15th May 2022, 06:04
I take it we are talking about Atlas Air?
if so can someone expand for me on the current terms and conditions. (Pay, annual leave, patterns/ lifestyle balance)? I have been told it is 17 days on 13 off? How do people with families find this? as someone with kids I am not sure if the family could deal with that? Do many of you travel from overseas homes?
Cheers

SextanteUK
16th May 2022, 03:42
now they do , it is called Global ,pay for business class for trips longer than 4 .5 hrs

No we do not have a commuting contract. Company has what they call Gateway travel, which will fly you from your home (within the USA) and your base, which depends on your fleet. Business above 4.5h is for DH, as part of your line, not as Gateway travel, that's on economy.
Been at Atlas for 2 years and I have no idea what "Global" is.

SextanteUK
16th May 2022, 03:46
Hi there,

The name of the company is "Atlas Air", and we do not offer a commuting contract. Best bet would be 77 MIA based, which some people are getting out of training, and then you are on your own to get to Spain, on your days off. 767 flies a lot to Rota, so maybe that'd work for you better.

SextanteUK
16th May 2022, 03:48
I take it we are talking about Atlas Air?
if so can someone expand for me on the current terms and conditions. (Pay, annual leave, patterns/ lifestyle balance)? I have been told it is 17 days on 13 off? How do people with families find this? as someone with kids I am not sure if the family could deal with that? Do many of you travel from overseas homes?
Cheers

https://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/cargo/atlas_air

SextanteUK
16th May 2022, 15:24
It must be pretty bad for them to be losing 500 pilots a year out of a total pilot group of only 2600.

At the end of the year, the net loss is small, since they hire almost as many as they lose to other airlines.

SilverSleuth
17th May 2022, 09:34
https://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/cargo/atlas_air
thanks for that but I can’t see any comments on the lifestyle/rosters typical patterns etc
is there an opportunity to NOT do 17 days away at once. That’s a killer in terms of family life…

SextanteUK
18th May 2022, 00:55
thanks for that but I can’t see any comments on the lifestyle/rosters typical patterns etc
is there an opportunity to NOT do 17 days away at once. That’s a killer in terms of family life…

It's the nature of ACMI ops. If it's a 60 day line, then you will split 34 days of work on 3 blocks, but still gone for 10 days AT LEAST at the time. And of course, if you don't live in base, they will fly you to your base or where the plane is, but on your day off. So a 60 day line, 3 blocks, means you end up adding 5-6 days of "commuting"/gateway travel.

If one doesn't live in the US, assuming you can legally work, you'd have to make it to the US, and then they'd fly you to your base/where the plane is. So yeah, this is no regular schedule, and it won't work for a lot of people out there. For those that make it work, it's great.