PDA

View Full Version : Townsville flight training

Anthony11
30th Mar 2022, 11:39
I am looking at doing the diploma of aviation through Townsville flight training and was just looking for peoples thoughts and maybe some people who have experience with Townsville flight training?

JabiruFoxbat
30th Mar 2022, 20:59
Something in relation to a proverbial statement about a piss up in a brewery

beached az
31st Mar 2022, 04:32
I am looking at doing the diploma of aviation through Townsville flight training and was just looking for peoples thoughts and maybe some people who have experience with Townsville flight training?

Does Bluewater Aviation still do training in TSV?
Might be an option.

Andy_G
31st Mar 2022, 07:41
I had the same issues deciding between the three schools on the airport, but was doing only a PPL at the time.
The chocie was made very easy by walking into all three of them, cold call style. First impressions were significant.
Lets just say I did not pick Bluewater of TFT at the time. But hey, this was back in 2016. Lots can change if/when business's change hands. If Dean is still there at TFT instructing, he is a damm good bloke.

Vet-fee makes schools do all kinds of things, some good , some not so good. So, if you can- pay as you go.
If you cant and need to apply for vet-fee to pay for your training, prepare to be 'milked' ("oh sorry, the $100,000 has all be used up, you will need to find some more funding if you want us to eventually sign you off and dont bother trying to change schools blah blah blah")
This has been, and still is now, the great 'gotcha' of the pilot training system in Oz now for a while. Its a well-trodden path.

Sorry, I had a little rant there. Its just so damm frustrating to see pilot friends being crushed by 100k debts and not getting even a PPL out of the whole mess.
I just worked through PPL/CPL pay-as-go up there in TSV. I had a good time and did not screwed by 'milking'.