PDA

View Full Version : Foreign license to GCAA license - Independent Candidate

itwillbefuntheysaid
29th Mar 2022, 13:13
Hi Everyone,
I currently possess an ICAO ATPL and wish to convert to a GCAA ATPL on my own. I went through the requirements on their website. My main query is :

1. Has anybody done this before? If so, how did you go about it (Any points to take note of, etc)

2. If I am doing this independently, can i proceed without having a job with an airline?

Thanks for the help and much appreciated.

masalama
30th Mar 2022, 05:23
Hi Everyone,
I currently possess an ICAO ATPL and wish to convert to a GCAA ATPL on my own. I went through the requirements on their website. My main query is :

1. Has anybody done this before? If so, how did you go about it (Any points to take note of, etc)

2. If I am doing this independently, can i proceed without having a job with an airline?

It used to be that one could convert their ICAO ATPL to GCAA only if employed by one of the GCAA AOC or AOP holders , not sure if the rule has changed, my info is a bit old. All the best .
Masalama .

MikeCharlie24
30th Mar 2022, 12:48
Hi Everyone,

I tried last year, basically you can do it if you have an A320 type rating, as there's only one school, Alpha Aviation, that has an A320 sim, so you can do the check. In my case, I'm boeing, so I couldn't do it.

Siu Mo To
30th Mar 2022, 16:55
I tried last year, basically you can do it if you have an A320 type rating, as there's only one school, Alpha Aviation, that has an A320 sim, so you can do the check. In my case, I'm boeing, so I couldn't do it.

A friend of mine with A320 rating, unemployed and keep renewing his license with EY in AUH.

MikeCharlie24
31st Mar 2022, 12:53
Yah EY allowed it's ex employees to keep renewing their rating with them.

Siu Mo To
31st Mar 2022, 22:28
Yah EY allowed it's ex employees to keep renewing their rating with them.

He did not fly for EY but another carrier in UAE.

AirbusSauce
3rd Nov 2023, 13:15
Hope you guys are doing great. Any updates regarding the A320 endorsement on GCAA license? I already hold a GCAA fATPL but the A320 TR is endorsed on another ICAO license. Hope they’ve changed their old rule. TIA!

cruisepower
4th Nov 2023, 08:57
Hope you guys are doing great. Any updates regarding the A320 endorsement on GCAA license? I already hold a GCAA fATPL but the A320 TR is endorsed on another ICAO license. Hope they’ve changed their old rule. TIA!

Nope still the same old rules. You neeYoto have a sponsor operator to convert your foregine license to gcaa.

AirbusSauce
4th Nov 2023, 10:49
Nope still the same old rules. You neeYoto have a sponsor operator to convert your foregine license to gcaa.

Seriously? Even if I already posses a frozen ATPL issued by the GCAA? It’s just adding a type rating to the license jeez :ugh:

Red_giant
5th Nov 2023, 19:05
The GCAA won’t deal with individual’s under any circumstances.

the application for any changes in a pilot license must be applied for by an airline whom holds a current AOC with the GCAA.

the individual whom the airline are applying for must have a current job contract, visa and LPC with said airline.

hope that helps, this is directly from the GCAA HQ in garhoud.

pfvspnf
6th Nov 2023, 10:01
Why you want to do this ? Explain yourself