PDA

View Full Version : Ticket prices?

Ancient Mariner
28th Mar 2022, 10:28
I'm in the process of planning our Asia vacation, middle June to early August and finding that tickets from OSL to DPS has increased considerable since two years ago.
I understand the increase in fuel prices, but in my opinion, which ain't worth much, the increase is more than that.
Would anyone hazard a guess on when, and/or if, prices will decrease?
For how long should I be sitting on the fence before booking. Any suggestion welcomed.
Per

Hartington
29th Mar 2022, 15:48
The pandemic has decimated airline revenue and with it profitability. Until they make that up I expect to see very few cheap, or even less expensive, fares.

Ancient Observer
29th Mar 2022, 16:13
Hotels, flights, hire cars. Just about everything has shot up in price.
You have to look very hard to find good deals for anytime in the next 12 months.
Also, be creative. Avoid the USA price gougers. Go to Asia.

PAXboy
29th Mar 2022, 21:18
Over the last six months, I have come to the conclusion that every major corporate - and a lot of smaller companies too - are aiming to recover not just what was lost to Covid but to do so in a single year. I think that many corporate CEOs wish to demonstrate how brilliant they are at recovering their income (not to mention their own share deals and bonus'). The fact that every price rise adds to inflation and the self-defeating circle of pricing yourself out of business, is lost on them.

I do not expect prices to stabilise in ANY market in the next couple of years, from the corner shop upwards. I expect that a world recession is already settling in. The further financial and social chaos of Putin has trumped (pun intended) the Covid losses. I shall be delighted to hear other points of view.