PDA

View Full Version : degree for QF survey

Willie Nelson
25th Aug 2002, 07:07
I am aware that a university degree is NOT a prerequisite for QF, rather, they previously (and may still have) listed somewhere the ability to matriculate to one of the major university's science courses, as a requirement.

I do not have a degree, I am however, within the above criteria and have been considered "eligible for further processing" I am trying to determine the likelihood of success without a degree.

If you have been successful in the Qantas Direct Entry Pilot selection process, either on active hold or have at some point been given a start date please respond

Those who have been successful without the assistance of a university degree who may have another outstanding attribute, (eg; former AN, CX or R.A.A.F., etc.) please specify.

Many of us have heard the standard QF response:

"All other things being equal the applicant with the degree will get the guernsey"

Let's see if your average JO/JOE G.A. without a degree has a fighting chance............

Willie Nelson
26th Aug 2002, 02:04
Perhaps there has not been any successfull QF applicants for a while now?

C'mon.......

The Horse's Mouth
27th Aug 2002, 01:33
Im in active consideration file, UNI degree, GA: instructor!!:confused:

Can any one please tell me what does "ACTIVE CONSIDERATION" REALLY mean?
Is it good/bad?
Any info will be helpful!!!

:confused:

Willie Nelson
29th Aug 2002, 12:31
Thanks to those who have voted in the survey so far, I was starting to wonder if anybody has ever got in without the piece of paper, now I know of at least six.

I have not got to the active consideration stage yet, however as many I know who have believe, you will now be ranked by merit and if they have to dig deep enough into the barrell......... :D you get lucky.

There is nothing quite as useless as a meaningless maxim.

Willie Nelson
9th Sep 2002, 09:47
They may just be foolish enough......:D

There is nothing quite as useless as a meaningless maxim.

Waste Gate
13th Sep 2002, 01:15
Willie,

I got in - direct entry - nearly 2 years ago.

Of my course of 6 PUITS, 4 had aviation degrees.

I was 27, had no relatives/contacts in QF, no uni degree, but around 1400 hrs multi command and 400 hrs turbine.

They look at the whole person, not just whether degree qualified. I suspect the degree thing is used as a base measure of an applicant's basic intelligence, but I did well in high school so maybe that compensates??

WG.