PDA

View Full Version : Data plate and Log card don't match

as350nut
23rd Mar 2022, 04:37
I won't say which manufacturer yet but I have a situation where I brokered the purchase of a helicopter from the manufacturers rental fleet that had a TRGB swapped out at pre buy and the date of manufacture on the id plate on the GB does not match the compnent card, which has authority? The data plate indicates 6 yr to run the log card shows oh due, the TRGB fitting was done by the manufacturer during 12yr as part of the purchase deal.. This happened 6 years ago and no need then to worry too much so that's why it was missed but now its at the pointy end.

wrench1
23rd Mar 2022, 13:16
I won't say which manufacturer yet but I have a situation where I brokered the purchase of a helicopter from the manufacturers rental fleet that had a TRGB swapped out at pre buy and the date of manufacture on the id plate on the GB does not match the compnent card, which has authority? The data plate indicates 6 yr to run the log card shows oh due, the TRGB fitting was done by the manufacturer during 12yr as part of the purchase deal.. This happened 6 years ago and no need then to worry too much so that's why it was missed but now its at the pointy end.
Not enough info to give you a complete answer, but on this side of the pond the "record" has the regulatory authority. The TRGB data plate is a one time requirement whereas a current record, i.e., component card, etc., of the OH times and life limits is an on-going requirement. Plus keep in mind the manufacturer has wide-ranging authority over their products and could have easily installed a new GB casing or simply installed a new data plate on the TRGB assy at that time. The best place to confirm the OH times is with the OEM.

as350nut
24th Mar 2022, 00:39
Wrench1 Thanks for that; manufacturer has all the power go figure that hey