PDA

View Full Version : Is Asthma acceptable by DGCA for initial medicals

vishuarora1102
22nd Mar 2022, 11:36
Is mild Asthma acceptable by DGCA for initial medicals, I generally use my Seroflo inhaler (I think salmeterol and fluticazone is approved by DGCA but not sure)1-2 times in a week and or 4-8 times in a month, I don't get any major attacks it is just that I feel some shortness of breath for sometime and even if I don't have my inhaler with me I'm able to manage the shortness of breath and it goes away after some time,I have not had any hospital admissions in the last 13-14 years but I had to go hospital use the nebulizer for like 3-6 times when I was 4-5 years old, and I also played a lot of football in my teenage and at that time I didn't required inhalers(only used 5-10 times in a year) but now being out of shape since 2 years and because of the sedentry lifestyle I require to use my inhaler 1-2 times in a week, I want to become a commercial Pilot I don't know they will accept me or I'll be disqualified, are there any Indian Pilots who have mild asthma and have still cleared their medicals and working in airlines ? I had done my PFT last year and my FEV1, FVC were >75% and FEV1/FVC ratio was 100% without using inhalers but that was when I was not feeling shortness of breath, otherwise the figures would have been lower. I have started running to improve my lung function. Can someone please help me do doctors allow mild asthmatic people for class 2 and 1 medical ?