PDA

View Full Version : Transition Arrangements soon over

Cxit
22nd Mar 2022, 09:44
The transition housing arrangements will soon cease… Where will people go? Uk? Us? Aus? NZ?

Will IB Fayed
22nd Mar 2022, 11:39
Ha, they'll stay, hoping their peers leaving will make management improve the package....

KABOY
22nd Mar 2022, 11:41
The transition housing arrangements will soon cease… Where will people go? Uk? Us? Aus? NZ?

Tuen Mun, Yuen Long, Tin Shui Wai and Fanling. Kam Tin has similar mountain views to Mid levels I hear.

Cxit
22nd Mar 2022, 15:21
Ha, they'll stay, hoping their peers leaving will make management improve the package....

And live in Ho Man Tin while pointlessly waiting?

Cxit
22nd Mar 2022, 15:25

with all the new cadets joining people leaving wont make a difference

Oasis
22nd Mar 2022, 19:22

When I'm the last one here, I will be on such a sweet package!

Flex88
22nd Mar 2022, 19:30
When I'm the last one here, I will be on such a sweet package!

Three things will then be true:
1. You will have the best COS of anyone !
2. You will still NOT be able to bid on your roster.
3. You will NOT get the leave you requested !!

Turn out the lights when you leave :ouch:

Flex88
22nd Mar 2022, 19:39
Tuen Mun, Yuen Long, Tin Shui Wai and Fanling. Kam Tin has similar mountain views to Mid levels I hear.

A commuting package is being prepared and revamped / revised as we speak ...
One base only available - Wuhan.
No rent subsidies however rents in the high tech microbiological research area extremely affordable with discount overnight minibus commute service already arranged and approved by the Jellyfish himself :8

CX, "Life well travelled"

kahaha
22nd Mar 2022, 20:48
What’s the schedule for the withdrawal of the housing package / schooling etc?
I know one or two guys with big loans on boats and mortgages. Will their life in hk still be sustainable on the reduced package? I dont get the feeling anyones going anywhere. Maybe Bahrain?
Im ex dragon, and glad im ex hk , period .

AQIS Boigu
23rd Mar 2022, 02:25
People with kids will move to where the cheapest international school is located

Oddball77
23rd Mar 2022, 04:04
Try Sham Shui Po or Mongkok for more affordable rentals...

Captain Dart
23rd Mar 2022, 05:40
One of these may be a contender:

https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/cage-homes-hong-kong

Sam Ting Wong
23rd Mar 2022, 07:15
Most will stay. Renters will downsize, owners will extend the mortgage.

Cxit
23rd Mar 2022, 08:12
Most will stay. Renters will downsize, owners will extend the mortgage.

I think when they downsize from 1500sqft to 400sqft they’ll only last a few months. I wouldn’t be surprised if quite a few get divorced because of it.

lucille
23rd Mar 2022, 10:53
Or maybe three families can share a 900 sq ft three bedroom apartment? It’s going to be fun assimilating.

Cxit
23rd Mar 2022, 12:16
Or maybe three families can share a 900 sq ft three bedroom apartment? It’s going to be fun assimilating.

Good luck Downsizing from 1500sqft+ to living in 350sqf cages

Goldeye
24th Mar 2022, 05:09
350 sq/ft? Bloody Luxury. I'm in 280' with 28 years in the company. I had a bigger flat as an S/O.

dabz
24th Mar 2022, 05:11
350 sq/ft? Bloody Luxury. I'm in 280' with 28 years in the company. I had a bigger flat as an S/O.

And you're proud of that?
Sounds like you took a wrong turn in life...

Oddball77
24th Mar 2022, 06:11
Sounds like you got divorced before COS18 kicked in.

Goldeye
24th Mar 2022, 09:48
I sounded proud of that Dabz?? Life was going great until COVID hit and the subsequent base closures. So here I am (for now) and no, not divorced Oddball. Anyhow, please speculate wildly... don't let me stop you. Glad things are peachy for you boys.

dabz
25th Mar 2022, 07:20
I sounded proud of that Dabz?? Life was going great until COVID hit and the subsequent base closures. So here I am (for now) and no, not divorced Oddball. Anyhow, please speculate wildly... don't let me stop you. Glad things are peachy for you boys.

It's peachy for no one except for Mr Hughes and his $10m yearly bonus..

This industry and HK are going down the toilet...

JMock
25th Mar 2022, 12:18
It's peachy for no one except for Mr Hughes and his $10m yearly bonus..

This industry and HK are going down the toilet...

so don’t apologise
you and oddball
nasty
what’s wrong with you blokes