PDA

View Full Version : Driving licence?

C. Yeager
12th Mar 2001, 22:49
Do you think having a drivers licence would up your chances in a CEP interview? Because if you aren't able to drive a car what chance do you have in flying a jet!

Noggin
13th Mar 2001, 03:00
Used to know a Comet pilot who didn't drive. There is no real corelation between driving and flying apart from getting to work on time.

SpeedBird22
13th Mar 2001, 03:31
Firstly Mr Yeager, may I say what a pleasure it is for me to have this opportunity to talk to you. I really admire what you have done for aviation and a few tips would be much appreciated :) :)

Secondly, heheheh, who knows - maybe you could be god awful at driving but somehow manage to be an excellent pilot. Does anyone else ever whack their feet on the accelerator when they want to turn right and the clutch when they want to turn left?? After a couple of long flights its happened me. Honest.

And in answer to your question, I doubt interviewers will really care unless you tell them outright that you've failed 18 times and the DVLA won't let you book anymore tests.

Drive safely,

SpeedBird22

Fast Jet Wannabe
13th Mar 2001, 13:05
I'm 17 and I've never had a driving lesson.

I'm also 6 hours away from taking my PPL skills test. I'm not doing too badly so far... hope that won't all change once I get behind the wheel!

Like I keep telling people, one license at a time please!

FJW.

DeltaTango
13th Mar 2001, 13:11
My friends keep accusing me for driving with the lane markings between my legs.

:) :) :)

Princess PP
13th Mar 2001, 17:46
DT-

Cute!

Pub User
14th Mar 2001, 03:02
I doubt if it will even come up in interview, unless you bring it up. Getting to work on time is a fair point though!