PDA

View Full Version : UK Or EASA license?

ILSapproach
20th Mar 2022, 03:38
I'm sorry if this has been talked about on another thread...

I got my UK issued EASA license in 2016, is that useless now? The EU are not recognising this now and from what I've been reading I can't convert this into a Irish one. Is my only choice to convert into a UK one?

I understand as well if you want a dual UK/EASA licenses you have to resit the 14 ATPL exams, is this true?

rudestuff
20th Mar 2022, 06:50

I got my UK issued EASA license in 2016, is that useless now? The EU are not recognising this now and from what I've been reading I can't convert this into a Irish one. Is my only choice to convert into a UK one?

I understand as well if you want a dual UK/EASA licenses you have to resit the 14 ATPL exams, is this true?

You got a UK licence, presumably you are from the UK? If so, why would it be useless? It's just as valid as an FAA certificate or a CASA licence for example.

deltahotel
20th Mar 2022, 10:54
You don't need to convert anything - it is automatically a UK issued Part FCL licence suitable for G reg ac. Suggest use of the search function - there are many posts talking about this over the last couple of years.

stephen2688
30th Mar 2022, 00:05

I’m in a similar situation to you, EASA don’t issue licenses, states within EASA do (UK did before brexit) your license is ‘not useless’ because you’ve missed the chance to convert your license to another EU state (Deadline was October 2020) your only option is to convert your EASA license into a UK CAA one, the deadline is the end of this year but this will only give you the ability to fly G- registered aircraft not EU registered aircraft.

If anyone can elaborate for me on this…I’ve been reading that some EU states are allowing UK EASA license holders to ‘keep’ their ATPL exam results meaning they don’t have to sit them again if it’s been no more than 7 years since their IR rating has expired. What is this all about? Are those EU states allowing a conversion to that EU state EASA license even though the deadline was in 2020? Thanks