PDA

View Full Version : Best EU flight schools

Shameel Ahmed
13th Mar 2022, 13:49
Hello,
I知 37 but I知 not going to get in to whether I知 too old or not.
What I do want to ask is which schools are the best for placing students in airline jobs after graduating.
Given my age and family / financial commitments, minimizing time between completing training and staying to earn/build hours is my primary objective, which is why I知 considering EU as the hours requirement to start as an FO is lower there.
would anyone be able to help me understand which schools are the most connected with airlines in order to secure jobs for their graduates?
I have been in contact with BAA, eganatia, FTE, bartolini and some others who all have claimed that they gave great connections and that airlines come to their school and directly recruit from there but of course they are a business and they will promote that. Wanted to know how true all that info is and what realistically is the probability of finding employment asap after graduating

another option I知 considering Is aerocadet in Toronto. I am Canadian so living in Toronto is easier. They also have a program that is tailored to result in employment at one of the big carriers but the process is of course a longer one (4 years or so to reach that point because of the 1500 hour requirement but they support you until you get there through internships and flying opportunities).
As mentioned, I知 37 and have 2 kids, stakes are high but I want to do what I love doing. I just want to understand the most efficient way to achieve this.
appreciate the help

ArcticFlyer69
13th Mar 2022, 21:13
All statements such as "our graduates will go directly to an airline as a pilot", must be taken with a grain of salt. If something sounds too good to be true, you must be critical and research a lot! Thats basically a flight schools job, to lure people into their flight schools. Funny enough, a lot of people (way too many) fall for it, without knowing what they're actually going to...:8

In your situation, I would probably go for the modular route. Start with the PPL and build your way up towards the CPL/fATPL. Its safer and cheaper, and you can do it in your own pace. Also more convenient if you have a family to take care of.
Start with the medical class 1! Thats the first thing you need to do! Without this you can't become a professional pilot, so do this first.

Nowadays, getting a job (in Europe) as a pilot is almost impossible. I have a lot of jobless pilot-friends who nearly have 100 000 euros debt and some even more... You dont want to be in that situation.

Nothing is too late! You can still become a pilot at your age! Just be smart and research A LOT before applying to ANY flight schools.

Climb150
14th Mar 2022, 00:24
If you are Canadian, why are you asking about an EASA license? Do you have the right to work in EU?

rudestuff
14th Mar 2022, 06:22
As a Canadian your best option is right next door. The biggest aviation industry in the world and the only one that is currently experiencing any kind of shortage right now.