PDA

View Full Version : UK flight school suggestions

twinotterifr
13th Mar 2022, 00:56
Hello everyone,

I am currently in the process of converting from EASA to UK CAA. I will be required to do the UK CAA skills test for CPL and IR, does anyone have any good suggestions that they can recommend?
Im trying to complete them as quickly as possible, looking for a place that doesn't have a busy airspace, good value in terms of price and quality, accessible (commute/accomodation/examiners)

cheers,

paco
13th Mar 2022, 07:07
Euro Flight Training?

rudestuff
13th Mar 2022, 07:17
When did you get your EASA license? It should only be a paperwork exercise until the end of the year.

twinotterifr
13th Mar 2022, 16:30
When did you get your EASA license? It should only be a paperwork exercise until the end of the year.

i received my EASA license after 31-12-2020, I completed my CPL/MEP/IR in Aug 2021. In the email received by UK CAA they informed me i needed to have ''completed UK CAA skill tests forms' specifically examiner reports for both CPL and IR.

rudestuff
14th Mar 2022, 16:27
Understood. That's unfortunate timing. Do you have the right to live and work in the UK ?

Contact Approach
14th Mar 2022, 22:17
Euro Flight Training?

That’s ironic.

Final24
22nd Mar 2022, 23:21
i received my EASA license after 31-12-2020, I completed my CPL/MEP/IR in Aug 2021. In the email received by UK CAA they informed me i needed to have ''completed UK CAA skill tests forms' specifically examiner reports for both CPL and IR.

I was in a very similar position having completed my EASA skills tests in April 2021. I had a similar email from the CAA which requested the UK CAA skills test reports. I was able to ask my examiners to fill these out by transferring the information from the EASA form to the UK form.

I think the main caveats being the process has to have been started within 6 months of the earliest skills test and whether the CAA are in a position to waive the prior notification requirement for the skills tests. They did this for me based on confusing surrounding Brexit and to my knowledge I believe they are still allowing for this.

I was looking at resitting the skills tests for a UK licence, which would have cost upwards of £15k due extra training requirements etc. In the end it was just a case of renewing my UK medical, submitting the paperwork and paying the licence application fees. Definitely worth getting in touch with your examiners and asking the question.