PDA

View Full Version : G550 t/o performance

VarigMD11
8th Mar 2022, 05:47
Would someone be able to help me with take off performance for the G550?

I have a customer who is looking to purchase one, but they are worried that they will be limited on range taking off out of their home airport (5000ft long).

Any input greatly appreciated!

g450cpt
8th Mar 2022, 12:11
One would need to know airport elevation, obstacles, runway slope etc... to give a valid answer.

Direct BAMES
14th Mar 2022, 08:51
It’s been a while since I flew one and I no longer have access to performance data, but I seem to recall that at sea level ISA you could comfortably plan an 8 hour flight from a 5,000ft level unobstructed runway. But with a 10,000ft runway just 10 miles away I never put it to the test.

Latestormer
15th Mar 2022, 01:06
Would someone be able to help me with take off performance for the G550?

I have a customer who is looking to purchase one, but they are worried that they will be limited on range taking off out of their home airport (5000ft long).

Any input greatly appreciated!

Certainly range-limited from where they'd like to take off, even at Sea Level. But that's not a G550 thing. Any aircraft on the same group will perform quite the same. As per your nickname, I'm led to believe that your customer is not far away from a bigger runway, and also, that such a small airport likely does not include customs 24/7, so, in order to fly out of the country, a customs-&-fuel-stop might be required!